Delhi University polls: Court dismisses NSUI candidates pleaAugust 27th, 2008 - 3:30 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 27 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Wednesday dismissed a petition filed by National Students Union of India (NSUI) candidates challenging rejection of their nomination papers in Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) election.
On Tuesday, three candidates of the NSUI, whose nomination papers for the DUSU polls were rejected, have approached the Delhi High Court.
The petitioners contended that Chief Election Officer had wrongly rejected their nomination papers and there was ambiguity in the form itself.
While dismissing the plea, Justice G S Sistani said: “Reading of the form shows no ambiguity and election process is going on. So this is not a fit case for the court to interfere.”
Earlier, the petitioners, Tanupriya Gupta, Bhavana Gera and Deepka Deshwal, told the court their nomination papers were rejected due to the fault of their Principals and Heads of Departments in verifying it and that they should be allowed to apply afresh.
The last date for depositing the amount for contesting elections was on Tuesday. The polls will be held on September 5. (ANI)
- Court dismisses NSUI candidates' plea - Aug 27, 2008
- Delhi University polls: Candidates move court - Aug 26, 2008
- Polling begins in Delhi University and JNU - Sep 14, 2012
- Delhi University all set for polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- SC seals fate of disqualified DUSU candidates, dismisses petition - Sep 03, 2009
- ABVP sweeps DUSU elections - Sep 04, 2010
- ABVP tops in Delhi University polls - Sep 04, 2010
- Court dismisses plea of disqualified DUSU candidates (Lead) - Sep 01, 2009
- ABVP repeats 2002 performance, tops Delhi University polls (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- Tighten security for DU polls, says Delhi BJP - Sep 12, 2012
- 40 percent turnout in Delhi varsity student union polls (Lead) - Sep 04, 2010
- 37 per cent students turn out for DUSU polls - Sep 04, 2009
- Independent candidate elected DUSU president - Sep 05, 2009
- Apex court stays hearing on plea against Azhagiri's election - Mar 30, 2012
- Delhi University goes to poll Friday amidst tight security - Sep 02, 2010