Delhi to host Fourth International Conference on Federalism from MondayNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:21 am ICT by admin
The conference will have over 1,000 participants representing over 100 countries. The conference will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India and will also see participation by heads of state and heads of government from the world’s leading federations. The conference is aimed at all interested in the practice of federalism - politicians, civil servants, academics and young professionals.
The working title of the conference is Unity in Diversity: Learning from Each Other and is based around four themes.
The proceedings of the conference on November 5 will be open to the media and the proceedings are likely to be continue up to 6.30 p.m.
On November 6, the plenary session will be held from 1600 hrs to 1750 hrs will be open to media. On 7th November, 2007 the plenary session from 1600 hrs to 1800 hrs will be open to media. The entry of media persons will be based on PIB card and the conference badge. Conference badges have already been distributed to the media.
Previous conferences were held at Mt. Tremblant in 1999, St. Gallen in 2002 and Brussels in 2005. (ANI)
- US President's official itinerary in India - Nov 04, 2010
- New Zealand Governor General to be Chief Guest of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas-2011 - Dec 21, 2010
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas starts Friday, northeast in focus - Jan 06, 2011
- 9th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to highlight northeast region, says Vayalar Ravi - Sep 22, 2010
- Maritime expo opens in Athens - Jun 05, 2012
- Delhi township all set for Congress plenary - Dec 19, 2010
- Maharashtra in an era of exciting industrial growth: Chavan - Jan 10, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to leave for third BRICS Summit in China tomorrow - Apr 11, 2011
- Tourism Ministers conference to kick off in Rishikesh tomorrow - Apr 20, 2011
- Make your home free from corruption, Kalam tells children - Jan 04, 2012
- 99th Indian Science Congress to focus on women, missiles (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Government on image-building drive - May 12, 2011
- Season of hope for Congress wannabes (Capital Buzz) - Oct 24, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate Petrotech International Oil, Gas Conference - Oct 29, 2010
- Himachal Congress boycotts minister in assembly - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: civil servants, conference badge, conference badges, council secretariat, federalism, forum of federations, fourth international conference, government of india, heads of government, inaugural session, inter state, learning from each other, media persons, mt tremblant, plenary session, prime minister of india, proceedings, st gallen, unity in diversity, young professionals