Delhi to host Congress plenary session for first time in 32 yearsDecember 18th, 2010 - 12:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 18 (ANI): Delhi will play host to the All India Congress Committee (AICC) plenary session for the first time in 32 years from December 19.
The three-day plenary session will mark the completion of the year-long celebrations of the party’s 125th anniversary.
The session is being held in Burari and will be attended by close to 20,000 Congressmen from across the country.
It will be the 83rd session in the 125-year-old history of the party, and sixth to be held in Delhi.
The plenary session will deal with issues including terrorism, communalism, Jammu and Kashmir and the overall political situation in its political resolution.
There will be separate resolutions on the economic and international situation and 125 years of the Congress.
The meeting will also decide the strategy ahead for the party, with 2011 scheduled to have elections to the assemblies of Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Kerala, Assam and West Bengal, while 2012 will see the battle of the ballot in Uttar Pradesh along with some other states including Gujarat.
Another issue likely to be discussed at the meeting is revelations by WikiLeaks cable on Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi that has provoked a fiery political conspiracy.
The cable states that Gandhi told the US Ambassador to India that Hindu extremism is a bigger threat to India than terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba. (ANI)
- Congress plenary session begins - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress plenary to ask for probe into terror links of Hindu groups (Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- Congress plenary to seek probe into right-wing forces' terror links (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- Delhi readies to host its sixth Congress plenary - Dec 12, 2010
- Delhi to host Congress plenary after 32 years - Dec 17, 2010
- Congress 83rd plenary session begins in New Delhi - Dec 18, 2010
- Sonia-led procession to herald Congress plenary - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress draft political resolution targets RSS link to Hindu terror groups - Dec 19, 2010
- No problem between Sonia Gandhi, PM: Congress spokesman - Dec 14, 2010
- WikiLeaks release: BJP activists burn Rahul Gandhi's effigy in Kanpur - Dec 17, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi appoints three drafting bodies for Burari AICC Plenary Session - Dec 10, 2010
- `Communalism and terrorism in all forms are dangerous,' says Sonia Gandhi - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress sees conspiracy behind WikiLeaks cable release - Dec 17, 2010
- AICC meeting may authorise Sonia to appoint working committee - Nov 01, 2010
- Delhi township all set for Congress plenary - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: 125th anniversary, aicc, assam, congress plenary, congressmen, extremism, general secretary, gujarat, india congress committee, international situation, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kerala, plenary session, political conspiracy, political resolution, political situation, rahul gandhi, revelations, west bengal