Delhi to host 4th International Conference on Federalism on Nov 5-7November 14th, 2007 - 2:36 am ICT by admin
It envisages promoting dialogue on the renewal and development of federalism and greater cooperation among practitioners in pursuit of better or good governance.
The participants include practitioners of federal democracy - at all levels - including those heading Federal Governments - Presidents, Prime Ministers, Chancellors; to those heading constituent units - Premiers, Chief Ministers; and those representing federal practice at the grassroots - leaders of village or town governments.
Besides, scholars, experts, administrators and social activists dedicated to federalism also take part in the conference. All participants collectively engage in the process of sharing ideas, experiences and drawing inspiration from one another.
The conference, titled ‘Unity in Diversity - learning from each other,’ is based on four broad themes and twelve sub-themes. Each of these is developed by a panel of Indian and international experts. These papers have been peer reviewed at a Pre-Conference from February 21 to 23, 2007, before being published as background reading for the conference.
Participation confirmation has been received from Chairman, Council of Ministers, Bosnia-Herzegovina, President of Comoros, Prime Minister of Ethopia, Prime Minister of St. Kitts and and Nevis, and President of Switzerland.
International invitees include Cabinet level Ministers, Provincial Heads, State level Ministers, Diplomats, Administrators, members of Judiciary, former Ministers, Civil Servants and representatives of International Organizations.
National Invitees include the Vice President, Lok Sabha Speaker, Central Cabinet Ministers, Secretaries to the Government of India, Governors, Chief Ministers, Leaders of national political parties, Chief Secretaries and Principal Secretaries of Departments concerned in the States among others.
Congress party president and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Nancy Pelosi, Speaker House of Representatives, USA, Hillary Clinton and Rona Ambrose, Minister of Inter-Governmental Affairs, Canada, former US Vice president and Nobel laureate Al Gore, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and many other eminent personalities have also been invited at the conference. (ANI)
- Dubai hosts international conference of air chiefs - Nov 13, 2011
- PM meets president, discusses Ramdev's proposed hunger strike - Jun 03, 2011
- Hardeep Puri, Prashant Bhushan at Harvard meet (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- 9th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to highlight northeast region, says Vayalar Ravi - Sep 22, 2010
- Bangalore summit to discuss water woes - Jan 30, 2012
- Small island nations to be focus of Delhi environment summit - Feb 01, 2011
- Indian, Chinese and Canadian businesses, govt. to atend Cleantech Forum in Toronto - Mar 21, 2011
- PM to open 4th International Conference on Federalism - Nov 14, 2007
- Harvard meet on where India is headed - Mar 24, 2012
- PM to inaugurate 4th International Conference on Federalism tomorrow in Delhi - Nov 14, 2007
- Mumbai to host Global Pulses Conclave - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistan MPs to visit India for SAARC meet - Jul 06, 2011
- India's annual diaspora conclave kicks off Saturday - Jan 06, 2012
- Sonia defends PM, for unity in Congress (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Georgia Governor to open second USA-India business summit in Atlanta - May 03, 2011
Tags: administrators, bosnia herzegovina, chief ministers, conference participation, diplomats, ethopia, experts, federal government structure, federalism, grassroots leaders, heading, host governments, learning from each other, participants, practitioners, president, prime minister, prime ministers, switzerland, town governments