Delhi suspends mid day meal scheme till further ordersNovember 28th, 2009 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 28 (ANI): The Delhi Government on Saturday decided to suspend the mid -day meal scheme till further orders.
The decision came two days after 125 children from a government school in Trilokpuri fell ill after having the mid-day meal.
There were 926 schools getting the benefit of mid day meal scheme in the national capital territory.
In a statement, the Delhi administration has said that the scheme will be suspended for some days in order to review the scheme.
Earlier, Delhi Education Minister Aravind Singh Lovely also hinted that the administration is considering to replace mid day meal with packed food.
“The officials from the directorate have been asked to workout a mechanism to provide mid-day meals to the children. They will review the situation and submit me the report within two days,’ Lovely had said.
Meanwhile, the education department is also studying the system of preparation and distribution of mid-day meals in other states to find the best practice. (ANI)
- Even animals won't eat Mid-Day Meal in Goa: Parrikar - Jul 31, 2012
- Haryana to review mid-day meal scheme as kids fall sick - Jul 18, 2011
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- 11 government school students hospitalised in Goa - Jun 15, 2011
- Computers to monitor midday meal scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Goa to inspect kitchens after mid-day meal fiasco - Jun 17, 2011
- RTE Act violations: Dirty school toilets major complaint (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Ensure proper working of mid-day meal scheme, states told - May 18, 2010
- Special attention to the needs of children: PM - Aug 15, 2012
- 27 children fall ill after consuming mid-day meal - Jun 29, 2010
- RTE Act violations: Dirty school toilets major complaint - Apr 21, 2011
- Non availability of mid day meals affect students attendance in Kathua - Feb 24, 2011
- Modern kitchens for Haryana schools - Jun 14, 2010
- Students refuse food cooked by Dalits, principal suspended - Jul 09, 2010
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011