Delhi school children brush their teeth in a record attemptNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:55 am ICT by admin
“A hundred and fifty thousand school children brushing their teeth simultaneously across 23 cities in India is a huge thing. This is an attempt to try and break a record. The Guinness Book of Records is involved in this thing. It’s basically a fun way of promoting oral hygiene which is really important,” said actor Saif Ali Khan.
Participants were supplied with toothbrushes, toothpastes, water bottles and a container and were expected to finish off the activity within a stipulated time period.
Children of all age groups were seen having fun at the competition.
“It felt really good to take part in this competition. It was a good experience,” said Vaishali, a student.
The event was conducted as part of the ‘Oral Health Month’, where the entire month of October is being observed as an intensive month-long oral health awareness campaign to promote the importance of good oral health habits among all ages.
A recording of the event will be sent to the Guinness Book of Records, which will decide on its entry in the coveted almanac.
Currently, Philippines holds the record of 41,038 people brushing their teeth at an event. (ANI)
- New Colgate offering for instant relief from tooth-sensitivity - Jun 08, 2011
- I was scared of going to the dentist: Karisma Kapoor - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Ignorance takes toll on oral health' (September 12 is World Oral Health Day) - Sep 12, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit flags off mobile dental vans - Sep 12, 2009
- Himalaya firm forays into herbal oral care segment - Dec 16, 2010
- Most people brush their teeth the wrong way - May 16, 2012
- 49 percent Indians do not use toothbrush: Survey - Apr 12, 2010
- India has lowest per capita toothbrush consumption: Survey - Oct 12, 2011
- Fluoridated toothpaste best for usage by children - Jan 21, 2010
- 67 percent Indians have never visited a dentist: Survey - Aug 22, 2009
- Marico eyes acquisitions up to Rs.1,000 crore - Jan 17, 2012
- Marico acquires Colgate-Palmolive unit in Malaysia - Jan 04, 2010
- Fluoride in water good for dental health - Aug 25, 2010
- Clean your teeth twice a day to stave off heart attack - May 28, 2010
- Venezuela freezes prices of 18 products - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: colgate palmolive, delhi school, good oral health, guinness book of records, health awareness campaign, health habits, health month, india limited, oral hygiene, record attempt, saif ali khan, school children, teeth, toothpastes, vaishali