Delhi Public Library cancels week-long exhibitionFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.3 (ANI): Delhi Pubic Library on Wednesday cancelled its week-long exhibition being held in the national capital’s Lalit Kala Akademi due to unavoidable circumstances.
Delhi Public Library (DPL) has announced cancellation of its week long exhibition at the Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi. The exhibition was inaugurated on February 1, 2010 to commemorate 60 years of DPL.
DPL’s Director Dr. Banwari Lal said on Wednesdaythat the decision to cancel the exhibition had to be taken due to some unavoidable circumstances.
The latest exhibition was intended to highlight DPL’s role as an institution that provides the public with information and insights into India’s polity, society and culture.
Delhi Public Library has witnessed major changes in recent years in the form of facilities, services and other features to popularize reading habits among book lovers, particularly children and students, in the recent years.
Revamping of DPL’s children’s section, setting up free Internet service for library members, free lending of CD, DVD collection of educational and entertainment movies at the Central Library and a few other branches, offering online catalogue of books and facilities, and keeping the library open for its members through out the week have been some of the recent developments that have popularized DPL among book lovers in the national capital. (ANI)
- Delhi Public Library hosts a weeklong exhibition for book lovers - Feb 01, 2010
- Delhi Public Library turns 60, to showcase India's growth - Jan 28, 2010
- Delhi Public Library opens first computerised sub-branch - Apr 09, 2009
- Capital's boutique art trail abuzz ahead of Games (With Images) - Sep 06, 2010
- Delhi to host India's first 'Newseum' - Jan 31, 2010
- Arts, sports bring best of India to Delhi's culture street - Oct 11, 2010
- Four generations a facet of contemporary Indian art: Gulammohammed Sheikh (Interview) - Oct 18, 2011
- Women's Day: Five women artists collaborate for exhibition - Mar 05, 2012
- BSF should get best training, working conditions: Chidambaram - May 25, 2011
- Capital tales: Books get voices to reach more children - Jul 19, 2012
- A quick look at India's 2010 art gallery (To go with Art: 2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 21, 2010
- Selja inaugurates Calcutta Painters' show - Dec 15, 2011
- Book fair concludes, sees over 700,000 visitors - Mar 04, 2012
- Painting dreams with a ballpen from a wheelchair - May 02, 2012
- Lalit Kala Akademi to award 10 young artists - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: book lovers, cancellation, central library, delhi public library, dpl, exhibition, free internet service, India, insights, kala, lal, lalit kala akademi, library members, New Delhi, polity, pubic, reading habits, recent developments, society and culture, unavoidable circumstances