Delhi Police file sedition case against Arundhati, GeelaniNovember 29th, 2010 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) Acting on a court directive, the Delhi Police Monday registered a sedition case against writer-activist Arundhati Roy and Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani for their alleged anti-India speeches at a seminar here.
The Delhi Police have slapped Sections 124 A (sedition), 153 A (promoting enemity between two communities), 153 B (assertion against national integration), Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and Section 505 (statements conducing to public mischief).
A Delhi court on Nov 27, on the complaint of Sushil Pandit, a member of the Roots in Kashmir organisation, ordered the registration of an FIR against hardline Hurriyat leader Geelani, Roy and five others for allegedly making anti-India speeches.
Speaking to IANS, Pandit’s counsel Vikas Padora said: “The Delhi Police has registered a FIR against Roy and Geelani for their anti-Indian speeches.”
Pandit filed a complaint Oct 28 at the Tilak Marg police station against Geelani, Roy and others, and demanded that an FIR be registered against them for their alleged anti-India speeches at a seminar “Azadi - the only Way”.
Geelani, Roy and their fellow speakers voiced their opinions in favour of Kashmir’s separation from India at the conference, the petitioner alleged.
- Book Geelani, Arundhati, says Delhi court (Second Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
- Book Arundhati, Geelani for anti-India speeches: Delhi Court (Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
- Delhi court to decide on sedition charge against Roy, Geelani - Nov 27, 2010
- Petition against Arundhati, Geelani withdrawn - Jan 27, 2011
- Court notice to police on Geelani, Arundhati speeches - Nov 03, 2010
- Court orders police to file FIR against Geelani, Roy - Nov 27, 2010
- Delhi court orders police to lodge FIR against Geelani, Roy - Nov 27, 2010
- Act against Roy, Geelani, demands Kashmiri Pandit group - Oct 26, 2010
- BJP demands Geelani, Arundhati Roy's arrest - Oct 26, 2010
- Social activist files police complaint against Geelani, Arundhati Roy - Oct 29, 2010
- Kashmiri Pandit group files case against Geelani, Roy - Nov 01, 2010
- BJP women's wing holds protest at Arundhati's house - Oct 31, 2010
- Farooq Abdullah slams Kashmiri 'pro-freedom' lobby for 'seditious' remarks - Oct 26, 2010
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Arun Jaitely criticises Centre for allowing pro-sedition conference in New Delhi - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: arundhati roy, breach of the peace, court directive, delhi court, delhi police, fir, geelani, hurriyat leader, kashmir, national integration, padora, petitioner, police station, public mischief, section 504, sedition, separatist leader, sushil, tilak marg, vikas