Delhi Police file sedition case against Arundhati, GeelaniNovember 29th, 2010 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) Acting on a court directive, the Delhi Police Monday registered a sedition case against writer-activist Arundhati Roy and Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani for their alleged anti-India speeches at a seminar here.
The Delhi Police have slapped Sections 124 A (sedition), 153 A (promoting enemity between two communities), 153 B (assertion against national integration), Section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and Section 505 (statements conducing to public mischief).
A Delhi court on Nov 27, on the complaint of Sushil Pandit, a member of the Roots in Kashmir organisation, ordered the registration of an FIR against hardline Hurriyat leader Geelani, Roy and five others for allegedly making anti-India speeches.
Speaking to IANS, Pandit’s counsel Vikas Padora said: “The Delhi Police has registered a FIR against Roy and Geelani for their anti-Indian speeches.”
Pandit filed a complaint Oct 28 at the Tilak Marg police station against Geelani, Roy and others, and demanded that an FIR be registered against them for their alleged anti-India speeches at a seminar “Azadi - the only Way”.
Geelani, Roy and their fellow speakers voiced their opinions in favour of Kashmir’s separation from India at the conference, the petitioner alleged.
- Book Geelani, Arundhati, says Delhi court (Second Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
- Book Arundhati, Geelani for anti-India speeches: Delhi Court (Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
- Delhi court to decide on sedition charge against Roy, Geelani - Nov 27, 2010
- Petition against Arundhati, Geelani withdrawn - Jan 27, 2011
- Court notice to police on Geelani, Arundhati speeches - Nov 03, 2010
- Court orders police to file FIR against Geelani, Roy - Nov 27, 2010
- Delhi court orders police to lodge FIR against Geelani, Roy - Nov 27, 2010
- Act against Roy, Geelani, demands Kashmiri Pandit group - Oct 26, 2010
- BJP demands Geelani, Arundhati Roy's arrest - Oct 26, 2010
- Social activist files police complaint against Geelani, Arundhati Roy - Oct 29, 2010
- Kashmiri Pandit group files case against Geelani, Roy - Nov 01, 2010
- BJP women's wing holds protest at Arundhati's house - Oct 31, 2010
- Farooq Abdullah slams Kashmiri 'pro-freedom' lobby for 'seditious' remarks - Oct 26, 2010
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Arun Jaitely criticises Centre for allowing pro-sedition conference in New Delhi - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,