Delhi National Load Despatch Centre to facilitate exchange of powerFebruary 25th, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 25 (ANI): Union Minister of Power Sushilkumar Shinde today dedicated the National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC) of POWERGRID to the nation here in the presence of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Speaking on the occasion, Shinde said that the NLDC would facilitate optimal exchange of power between regions.The NLDC in place the grid security at the national level will be considerably improved as it will provide real time information at one centralized location, he added.
Congratulating the POWERGRID for creating the facility, the Minister said that the PSU today stands tall as one of the largest transmission utility in the world and is well known for its operational excellence and timely execution of transmission projects. He also complimented the POWERGRID team for its commendable achievement of avoiding any major grid disturbance in the country for the last six years.
In her address, Dikshit said that though the NLDC is located in Delhi, as a monitoring and supervising body, it would play a crucial role to ensure smooth and uninterrupted electricity through out the country. She said that it would facilitate avoidance of cascade trippings and maximization of inter-regional energy transfers.
The NLDC is linked with the 5 RLDCs, which in turn are connected to 31 State Load Despatch Centres (SLDCs). The NLDC at Delhi is also having a back up facility at ERLDC, Kolkata to take care of any eventualities. Set up at a cost of Rs.45.0 Crores, the NLDC and RLDCs have been provided with state-of-art technology.
The NLDC will be the apex body for ensuring integrated operation of the National Grid and power system in the country. The NLDC will facilitate optimum scheduling and despatch of electricity across Regional boundaries thus ensuring equitable utilization of surplus power countrywide while ensuring economy, efficiency, stability and security of the National Grid.
Establishment of National Grid by POWERGRID is facilitating exchange of surplus power from one part of the country to another thus catering to the demand in deficit states. POWERGRID plans to enhance the capacity of National Grid from 18,700MW to more than 37,000 MW by the end of 11th Plan through strengthening of Regional Grids by building more inter-regional links.
Over a period of 17 years, POWERGRID, a Navratna PSE, has emerged as one of the largest and best managed Transmission Utilities in the world and is playing a strategic role in Indian Power Sector. At present, POWERGRID is operating around 69,500 ckt. kms. of transmission lines and 117 Substations with a transformation capacity of 77,200 MVA. (ANI)
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- Centre and states agree to avert grid failure - Aug 06, 2012
- $826 million ADB loan to India for power transmission - Mar 30, 2012
- Sheila to approach power ministry over grid overdraw - May 23, 2012
- Power crisis: Centre, states in blame game (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Second blackout in India hits 19 states, 600 million people (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- Jaypee's hydropower corridor to be set up this month - Jul 03, 2011
- Haryana asks centre to probe grid failure - Aug 01, 2012
- Was UP behind Tuesday power mess? Officials say a firm no - Jul 31, 2012
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Power grid collapse will never happen again: Moily - Aug 01, 2012
- Southern power grid safe from tripping (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Pakistan PM moves to fix power crisis - Jun 24, 2012
- Need to integrate the entire region by a robust power grid : KC Venugopal - Apr 27, 2011
- Power trip in seven states hits millions (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: apex, apex body, art technology, avoidance, centralized location, chief minister, economy efficiency, kolkata, national grid, nldc, operational excellence, powergrid, regional boundaries, regional energy, state of art, surplus power, timely execution, transmission projects, uninterrupted electricity, union minister