Delhi High Court to pronounce order on Bhasin`s bail pleaSeptember 25th, 2008 - 12:14 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 25: The Delhi High Court will today hear the application for anticipatory bail filed by Utsav Bhasin, accused of mowing down two persons with a BMW car.
Bhasin had approached the Delhi High Court and filed an anticipatory bail plea on September 22.
The Delhi High Court said the offence of Bhasin is non-bailable and issued a notice on a petition seeking cancellation of bail granted to him.
Delhi police submitted before Justice Veena Birbal that additional charges under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) have been framed against Bhasin after the death of one of the victim Anuj Singh.
Anuj and his friend Mrigank Srivastav were on a bike when the BMW driven by a 19-year-old boy Bhasin hit them and sped away in Lajpat Nagar area of Delhi.
The victims were rushed to the trauma centre of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) by the police after an auto rickshaw driver informed them of the mishap.
Srivastav, a TV channel employee, received minor injuries.
The teenager, who fled the scene along with one of his friends who was in the car at the time of accident, was arrested from Kashmere Gate. He was later released on bail after giving two sureties of Rs 20,000 each. (ANI)
- Delhi Court defers hearing on BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 17, 2008
- Delhi Court to hear bail plea of Utsav in BMW hit-and-run case today - Sep 18, 2008
- Delhi Court rejects bail plea of Utsav in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 18, 2008
- Utsav Bhasin files anticipatory bail plea in Delhi High Court - Sep 22, 2008
- BMW case: Utsav Bhasin to be produced before Delhi court - Oct 10, 2008
- Delhi High Court cancels bail in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 16, 2008
- No relief for accused in second BMW hit-and-run - Sep 23, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run: Utsav Bhasin moves high court for bail - Sep 22, 2008
- Second BMW case: Court rejects Utsav Bhasin's bail plea - Sep 26, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run: High court reserves order on Utsav's bail plea - Sep 24, 2008
- Second BMW case: Utsav Bhasin sent to jail - Sep 28, 2008
- Court reserves order on bail plea of BMW hit-and-run accused - Nov 25, 2008
- Police get notice on BMW crash accused Bhasin's bail plea - Nov 18, 2008
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Second lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, auto rickshaw, bail plea, bailable, birbal, bmw car, culpable homicide, delhi high court, delhi police, india institute, minor injuries, mishap, New Delhi, offence, sureties, trauma centre, tv channel, two persons, veena