Delhi High Court provides relief to N.D.TiwariDecember 15th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.15 (ANI): The Delhi High Court has exempted Andhra Pradesh Governor, N.D. Tiwari from personally appearing before it.
Hearing on the suit filed by one Rohit Shekhar,the court announced that Tiwari is exempted from personal appearance.
Bench comprising of Justice A K Sikri and Manmohan Singh granted interim relief to the Andhra Governor on his petition challenging a single-Judge order which had directed him to appear before the court.
However, the bench refused to set aside the order, saying, the matter pertaining to his personal appearance must be argued before the single Judge Bench.
Since the matter will be heard on Tuesday, Tiwari would not have sufficient time to file fresh application, so he is exempted from personal appearance for tomorrow, the court said.
Rohit Shekhar in his suit has asked from the court to declare that he is the biological son of the former Congress leader.
However, Tiwari has refused the allegations made and termed it as scandalous and that it is only a cheap mean to gain publicity and defame him.(ANI)
- Tiwari must give blood sample for DNA test, rules court (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Tiwari moves court to keep his DNA test report confidential - Jul 26, 2012
- N.D. Tiwari to undergo DNA test (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Court notice to N.D. Tiwari on paternity suit - Dec 01, 2011
- Paternity suit: Tiwari gets a day to undergo DNA test - Feb 07, 2011
- DNA test out, N.D. Tiwari is Rohit Shekhar's father (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Delhi High Court refuses to stay order for ND Tiwari's DNA test - Feb 07, 2011
- Court reserves order in N.D. Tiwari paternity case - Oct 13, 2009
- Court reserves order on N.D. Tiwari's paternity suit - Feb 29, 2012
- N D Tiwari moves SC against paternity suit - Feb 28, 2011
- Date for Tiwari's DNA test to be decided March 8 - Feb 19, 2011
- Court reserves order on paternity suit against Tiwari - Mar 11, 2010
- Court refuses to hear appeal against Tiwari - Nov 15, 2011
- Court to rule Friday on N.D. Tiwari paternity suit - Sep 22, 2011
- Paternity suit: N.D. Tiwari to give blood sample June 1 - May 10, 2011