Delhi High Court orders release of ex-UP Chief SecretaryNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:29 am ICT by admin
The trial court had granted Singh bail on October 18 on condition that he would furnish a personal bond of Rs 2 lakh and a surety of a similar amount.
Singh was arrested on September 25 by CBI sleuths at Vasant Kunj farmhouse as he was attempting to flee from there.
He was arrested as he was not cooperating in the investigations. There was also proof that he had tampered with evidence pertaining to the case, the CBI claimed.
Singh was once voted the most corrupt officer by the Uttar Pradesh IAS Association, and is charged with amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
According to the corruption case registered against him in 2005, Singh acquired as many as 84 immovable properties in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand worth Rs 200 crore.
He was also accused of forging the signatures of his dead father and a friend to facilitate the transfer of properties and of routing financial transactions through fictitious bank accounts.
Following the registration of the case against Singh, the CBI also conducted raids at 16 places in 2005, and allegedly found huge properties in the name of Singh and his daughter. (ANI)
- Illegal mining: Court gives bail to ex-official, stays order - Dec 15, 2011
- High court refuses to cancel Jagan aide's bail (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Former UP official gets bail in graft case - Aug 08, 2012
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Satyam Ramalinga Raju released on bail - Nov 05, 2011
- Jagan's bail plea dismissed, court reserves order (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh seeks speedy trial in graft case - Sep 07, 2012
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Yeddyurappa gets bail in one case - Nov 03, 2011
- 'Very critical' Amar Singh gets bail - Oct 24, 2011
- High court refuses to cancel Jagan aide's bail - Jun 13, 2012
- IAS officer surrenders in Emaar township case - Mar 29, 2012
- Court summons former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary in graft case - Jul 22, 2008
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- SC reserves verdict on Amit Shah's bail in Sohrabuddin case (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: bail, cancellation, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief secretary, corrupt officer, corruption case, delhi high court, evidence, immovable properties, lakh, personal bond, rs 200, sleuths, uttar pradesh, uttarakhand, vasant kunj, worth rs