Delhi High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev NandaMarch 6th, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 6 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Friday granted a weeks interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda who is undergoing a five year jail term in connection with the BMW hit-and-run case.
Justice Kailash Gambhir granted a weeks interim bail to Nanda so that he could meet his 90-year-old ailing grandfather, former Naval Chief S. M. Nanda.
The court said that Sanjeev Nanda sentence would remain suspended for a week from the day of his release.
The Court had earlier, on December 19, granted three-week interim bail to Nanda.
The court convicted Nanda under the Section 304 (2) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), dealing with culpable homicide not amounting to murder. The law prescribes ten years imprisonment as maximum punishment.
The ten-year-old case involving Nanda, allegedly in an inebriated state is accused of mowing down seven people with his high speeding BMW car in the wee hours of January 10, 1999 in Lodhi Colony area. Six persons died on the spot while one survived. (ANI)
- High Court refuses to extend Sanjeev Nanda''s interim bail - Jan 09, 2009
- Supreme Court to hear police appeal in BMW hit-and-run case - Apr 12, 2010
- High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Dec 19, 2008
- BMW hit-and-run case: HC to decide Sanjeev Nanda's fate today - Jul 20, 2009
- Sanjeev Nanda's sentence reduced in BMW hit-and-run case (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- SC upholds R K Anand's conviction, clears I U Khan in BMW case - Jul 29, 2009
- Delhi HC upholds conviction of Nanda in BMW hit and run case - Jul 20, 2009
- Chronology of the BMW case - Jul 20, 2009
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- Sanjeev Nanda found guilty in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 02, 2008
- Delhi Court issues notice to police on Sanjeev Nanda plea - Sep 23, 2008
- Sanjiv Nandas quantum of sentence today - Sep 03, 2008
- Delhi High Court rejects Sanjeev Nanda's bail extension plea - Jan 09, 2009
- Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- Sanjeev Nanda gets interim bail - May 12, 2009