Delhi HC says illegal Bangladeshi migrants a threat to Indias securityAugust 13th, 2008 - 5:01 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 12 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Tuesday allowed the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) to deport five members of a family to Bangladesh, and observed that influx of illegal migrants from other countries poses a threat to the integrity and security of India.
The largescale influx of illegal migrants has led to large tracts of sensitive borders which have serious implication for internal security, said justice S L Bhayana in a judgement.
He dismissed a petition filed by a Bangladeshi woman, Razia Begum, seeking a stay on the deportation order passed by FRRO in April this year against five members of her family, and said the ration card and nationality certificates obtained by them were forged and fabricated.
Rejecting the womans claim that they have been staying in Mehrauli area since 1980, Justice Bhayana said: The influx of Bangladeshi nationals who have illegally migrated poses a threat to the integrity and security of India. The FRRO is duty bound to take all necessary measure.
On December 27, 2007, the staff of FRRO had apprehended 16 Bangladeshis as they were allegedly staying in the country without valid documents. The FRRO passed an order on April 23 this year for deportation of the illegal migrants.
Expressing concern over the continuing influx of Bangladeshis into India, the judge said on account of variety of reasons, including religious and economic, it is difficult to make a realistic estimate of the number of illegal migrants… (ANI)
- Illegal Bangladeshi immigrants pose security threat: court - Aug 12, 2008
- Deport illegal Bangladeshi migrants: RSS chief - Feb 04, 2010
- Haryana demands four IRBs from central government - Feb 01, 2011
- Nine illegal Bangladeshi migrants held in Assam - Mar 10, 2012
- Vote bank politics shields illegal Bangladeshis: Court (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Crime trail leads to illegal Bangladeshi immigrants, 140 deported - May 26, 2011
- No data on illegal migrants: minister - Aug 08, 2012
- Over 40,000 illegal Bangladeshi migrants deported from Delhi - Jul 25, 2009
- Centre to blame for Assam violence: Advani - Aug 08, 2012
- Rs.420,000 spent to deport one Bangladeshi from Assam - Mar 09, 2010
- '12 mn illegal Bangladeshis could get listed in census' - Apr 09, 2010
- Court dismisses PIL on Bangladeshi illegal immigrants - Apr 22, 2011
- Bangladeshi man arrested in Assam - Jun 16, 2012
- Supreme Court breather for five Haryana legislators (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Assam amends illegal foreigners notice - Dec 08, 2009
Tags: bangladeshi migrants, bangladeshi woman, delhi hc, delhi high court, deportation, foreigners, illegal migrants, implication, influx, internal security, judgement, nationality, necessary measure, ration card, razia, realistic estimate, regional registration, registration officer, tracts, valid documents