Delhi HC grants police protection to Telugu actor Chiranjeevi’s daughterNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:40 am ICT by admin
Her plea to the court was forwarded despite her father Chiranjeevi’s message through the media on Saturday that he wished her well.
“Me and my family pray that she should be happy wherever she is. Srija, Be happy please,” said Chiranjeevi.
Meanwhile, the actor’s brother Pavan Kalyan, a popular actor himself, brandished his revolver at a police station. Kalyan declared that his niece should not worry for her life.
“She conveyed to television channels that there is a life threat from us. But we are not the kind who will send goons or be after her,” said Kalyan.
Srija eloped and married 22-year-old Sirish Bharadwaj, an engineering graduate last Wednesday. The two got married at a temple in Secunderabad.
Both claimed that they had been in love for the past four years and decided to get married this year. Sirish’s father is a lawyer and the boy’s parents too were reportedly not in favour of the alliance.The family is said to be very hurt by Srija’s complaint. (ANI)
- Dowry case: Chiranjeevi's son-in-law's bail plea rejected - Mar 24, 2011
- Chiru, a superstar whose political party proved a flop (Profile) - Feb 06, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- Delhi HC extends police protection to Chiranjeevi's daughter, son-in-law - Nov 14, 2007
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Apex court issues notice to CBI in Rizwanur case - Jun 07, 2010
- Honour killing: 25-year old man killed in Punjab - Apr 16, 2012
- Esha is my princess, says fiance Bharat Takhtani - Jun 26, 2012
- Telugu actor Pavan Kalyan marries live-in partner - Jan 28, 2009
- Man gets death for killing daughter - Jun 01, 2011
- An Indian-American love dream in Chennai (Book Review) - Aug 02, 2012
- Husband agrees to treat wife as 'sister' - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: brahmin, chiranjeevi, delhi hc, eloped, goons, hc grants, kolkata, life threat, murder case, niece, pavan kalyan, plea, police protection, police station, rehman, revolver, secunderabad, srija, television channels, telugu actor