Delhi HC extends police protection to Chiranjeevi’s daughter, son-in-lawNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:01 am ICT by admin
Srija was granted police protection by the Delhi High Court on October 22 after she moved the court saying her life was in danger.
Srija had said that she felt threatened after her marriage with a Brahmin boy against her family’s wishes. In her plea, she said she and her husband feared a repeat of the Rizwanur Rehman murder case that took place in Kolkata recently.
Her plea to the court was forwarded despite her father Chiranjeevi’s message through the media that he wished her well.
The couple’s lawyer Pinky Anand said that Sreeja received a letter from her father saying that he accepts the marriage and the couple has nothing to fear.
However, Sreeja, who is in Delhi, asked for the extension of police protection.
The couple also not received any reply from Hyderabad Police Commissioner in connection with protection.
Earlier, the actor’s brother Pavan Kalyan, a popular actor himself, had declared that his niece should not worry for her life.
Srija eloped and married 22-year-old Sirish Bharadwaj, an engineering graduate last Wednesday. The two got married at a temple in Secunderabad.
Both claimed that they had been in love for the past four years and decided to get married this year. Sirish’s father is a lawyer and the boy’s parents too were reportedly not in favour of the alliance. (ANI)
- Dowry case: Chiranjeevi's son-in-law's bail plea rejected - Mar 24, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- Delhi HC grants police protection to Telugu actor Chiranjeevi's daughter - Nov 14, 2007
- Court tells Delhi cops to protect newly-wed couple - Jun 11, 2012
- Court asks police to produce illegally confined girl - Jun 22, 2012
- Chiru, a superstar whose political party proved a flop (Profile) - Feb 06, 2011
- Court asks Delhi Police to protect married couple - Sep 09, 2010
- Court tells police to trace, reunite minor boy with mother (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Court grants police protection to couple - Sep 16, 2010
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
- Minor husband can be guardian of minor wife: Court - Aug 11, 2010
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Court orders seizure of ex-armyman's revolver - Jun 06, 2012
- Court lets married couple live together - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: brahmin, chiranjeevi, delhi hc, delhi high court, eloped, hyderabad, lawyer, marriage, niece, nothing to fear, pavan kalyan, plea, police commissioner, police protection, provide security, rehman, reply, secunderabad, sreeja, srija