Delhi Govt. warns of invoking ESMA against striking Blueline bus operatorsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:18 am ICT by admin
“Strict action would be taken against the drivers trying to blackmail the government and exploiting the situation,” he said.
Blueline bus drivers in Delhi went on an indefinite strike on Monday in protest against the stringent stand taken by the Government of Delhi in the wake of the recent spate of accidents precipitated on Delhi roads by Blueline buses.
Only 1,500 Blueline buses and 3,000 DTC buses plied today.
Due to the strike by private Blueline buses commuters had a harrowing time.
Meanwhile, Delhi Cabinet today approved the procurement of new buses for the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) by March 2009.
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit told newspersons after the Cabinet meeting that,500 fully built CNG buses will be procured.
The High Court had recently asked the government to explain its stand and tell the court of the measures that the government planned to take to solve the problem of Blueline buses. The deadline given by the court is November 15. (ANI)
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Blueline buses not to return to Delhi roads - Oct 25, 2010
- Delhi to add 4,000 buses to tide over Blueline phaseout - Jan 13, 2011
- Court tips on traffic scenario after Blueline buses exit - Mar 03, 2011
- Court backs government on phasing out Blueline buses - Nov 01, 2010
- Delhi clears way for corporates into city bus services (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Delhi to float tenders for more bus route clusters - Dec 20, 2010
- Deadline to phase out Blueline buses extended (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- It's end of road for 800 Blueline buses - Dec 14, 2010
- 500 more low-floor buses to ply on Delhi roads - Sep 29, 2010
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: blackmail, blueline buses, bus drivers, bus operators, cabinet meeting, chief minister, cng buses, commuters, delhi govt, dtc, esma, haroon, indefinite strike, sheila dikshit, strict action, transport corporation, transport minister