Delhi Govt to phase out Blueline buses by November 15November 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
The State Government’s submission comes in the wake of Sunday’s incident in which eight people were mowed down by an over speeding Blueline bus that are run by private operators. Another 16 people were severely injured in the accident.
Till date, these buses have killed 96 people since January, and have earned the notoriety of ‘killer’ buses.
The bench, comprising Justices Mukul Mudgal and Reva Khetrapal, expressed shock over Government’s statement that most of the buses plied on the roads in spite of having tampered speed governors.
“It means almost all the buses…. What kind of certificates are issued by you to them?” questioned the bench.
The bench also said that any bus involved in accident would not be released without the permission of the High Court, and added that hefty fine would be imposed on the owners of those buses to secure release. (ANI)
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- 500 more low-floor buses to ply on Delhi roads - Sep 29, 2010
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Court allows Bluelines in south Delhi, government firm on phase-out - Oct 29, 2010
- Court reserves order on phase-out of Blueline buses - Jan 20, 2011
- GPS operational in 100 Delhi buses, court told - Apr 16, 2010
- Court ruling on Blueline buses Thursday - Mar 02, 2011
- It's adieu to 1,600 Blueline buses in Delhi - Oct 28, 2010
- End of road for 1,600 Blueline buses from Thursday - Oct 27, 2010
- Blueline buses not to return to Delhi roads - Oct 25, 2010
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline buses to be back on Delhi roads Monday - Oct 15, 2010
- Blueline operators can run buses as a co-op, court told - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: bench, blueline buses, delhi government, delhi govt, government counsel, gupta, january 1, mukta, mukul, notoriety, november 15, private operators, reva, speed governors, spite, state government