Delhi Govt employee sets new running on treadmill recordNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:57 am ICT by admin
However, Bhardwaj’s stamina and agility to run for along distance is not new.
In February 2007, he ran 370 kilometres from Delhi to Shimla in 74.37 hours, and he had also participated in the seven-day race covering a distance of 531 kilometres in Athens in Greece.
“I had no role model or inspirational figure in my childhood. When I had a daughter I wanted to inspire her. For that I choose myself. I don’t want to tell my daughter to emulate others. I want myself to directly inspire her,” Bhardwaj said after achieving this unique feat.
The world record for the greatest distance run by a team of twelve on a treadmill in 48 hours is 509.7 km (316.7 miles), which was made in Amsterdam in Netherlands from September 24 to 26, 2004. (ANI)
- 'Beetroot boosts runners' speed, stamina' - Apr 26, 2012
- Posh runs '5 miles' a day to keep slim - Dec 02, 2010
- Assam constable runs 156 km barefoot - Jan 31, 2012
- Anil wants leaner look after meeting Isaque Bagwan - Nov 18, 2011
- Bhardwaj will write script for Leander Paes - Dec 07, 2011
- Eminem's obsession with treadmill! - Apr 28, 2009
- Pregnant Brit marathoner claims she's running 14 miles a day - May 31, 2010
- Want biopic to inspire the youth: Milkha - Feb 21, 2012
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- I'm not freaked out about getting older, says Posh - Feb 16, 2011
- India's 300-plus run chases - Fact File - Feb 28, 2012
- Ex soldier breaks world treadmill record - Jan 17, 2010
- India's Ashis Roy, 78, completes 109th marathon - May 02, 2011
- BJP moves to pre-empt Bhardwaj on Yeddyurappa's prosecution (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Smith credits daughter for resurgence - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: achieving, adidas impossible, agility, amsterdam, arun kumar, athens, delhi govt, greatest distance, i choose, inspirational figure, kilometres, role model, seven day, shimla, stamina, treadmill, world record