Delhi court blast accused killed in KishtwarAugust 6th, 2012 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 6 (IANS) A 2011 Delhi High Court blast accused, Amir Kamal, was among two Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants killed Monday in a shootout with security forces in the mountainous Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A senior police officer said that, based on a tip-off, they launched an operation to nab top militants reported to be hiding in Dachan areas, about 270 km north-east of Jammu.
“We launched an operation today (Monday) morning by throwing a cordon around the area. As we closed in on the hideout of the militants, a fire fight began that continued for over an hour,” he said.
According to reports reaching Kishtwar, two militants have been shot dead in the gun batle.
“One of them is believed to be Amir (Kamal), code named Akram, who was involved in the Delhi High Court blast,” the police officer said.
Amir was a hardened militant who is believed to have arranged explosives and planter for the blast. The other person killed was identified as Shafi. Both belong to Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, the officer said.
Since the site of the gun battle was very remote with poor radio or other means of communication, “the other details will take some more time to come in”, he said.
But he described this as “a major blow to the HM organisation in the area”.
At least 10 people were killed and over 70 people were injured in the bomb blast outside Delhi High Court Sep 7, 2011.
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reserved - Aug 24, 2012
- Delhi blast mastermind trapped in Kishtwar? - Nov 15, 2011
- Hizbul militant killed, Hindu member trapped in gun-battle - Nov 27, 2009
- Hizb commander's wife detained in Kashmir - Mar 09, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- NIA quizzing Kishtwar youth, family asserts his innocence - Oct 08, 2011
- Two Hizb militants killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Dec 14, 2009
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- Hizb terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 10, 2009
Tags: akram, amir kamal, bomb blast, delhi court, delhi high court, explosives, fire fight, gun battle, hideout, hizb, hm, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, means of communication, militants, monday morning, police officer, poor radio, security forces