Delhi CM meets MLAs to highlight development issuesJanuary 10th, 2011 - 9:09 pm ICT by ANI
By Rajesh Gaur
New Delhi, Jan 10 (ANI): Cutting across party lines, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday interacted with various MLAs in order to ascertain their views on developmental issues so that the government acts in an appropriate manner to ensure that uniform development takes place in all parts of the national capital.
Dikshit chaired two separate marathon meetings to have purposeful interaction with MLAs from ruling party and opposition parties under East Delhi and North-East Parliamentary Constituencies in Delhi Secretariat.
All ministers, MLAs, Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary to CM, all Principal Secretaries/Secretaries and Delhi Jal Board CEO and Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Commissioner were present along with their concerned officers. During her meetings with the MLAs, Dikshit exhorted them to participate in the interaction with an open mind.
She first met her son Sandeep Dikshit, where all the MLAs including ministers coming from East Delhi stressed upon the need of accelerating the developmental process and appreciated the move of the Chief Minister in organizing such an important meeting.
Dikshit stated that she wanted to have interaction with the MLAs much earlier, but it could not be arranged due to involvement of all government functionaries in the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
Almost all MLAs from North-East Parliamentary Constituency joined interaction in a separate meeting. The MLAs concentrated on various issues including DDA, MCD, Education, Transport, Health, Urban Development, Social Welfare, Delhi Jal Board and regularization of unauthorized colonies.
Most of the MLAs commended the implementation of various government schemes though they submitted a few suggestions to make them more purposeful and useful.
Appreciating their opinions, Dikshit stated that the suggestions are valuable and would go a long way in turning these schemes more and more public-oriented.
She further assured them that an appropriate action would be taken in this regard.
The interaction with the remaining MLAs from five other Parliamentary Constituencies will continue. The meetings for this purpose have been fixed in the coming two to three days. (ANI)
- Dikshit meets MLAs to discuss Delhi development issues - Jan 10, 2011
- Dikshit discusses development with legislators - Jan 15, 2011
- Sheila to approach power ministry over grid overdraw - May 23, 2012
- MCD elections: Sheila attacks BJP - Mar 12, 2012
- Kumari Selja takes initiative for slum free Delhi - Apr 08, 2011
- Delhi sets up task force for regularization of colonies - Sep 11, 2012
- Dikshit alerts civic agencies before monsoon - Jun 14, 2012
- Dikshit attacks MCD, calls it inefficient - May 08, 2011
- Fake marks-sheet: Dikshit's aide offers to resign (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Mar 06, 2012
- Home ministry nod for MCD's trifurcation - Nov 23, 2011
- Dikshit honours Sharmila Tagore for contribution to Delhi's society - Apr 23, 2011
- Ensure adequate drinking water supplies: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 13, 2012
- Fake marks-sheet case: Congress legislator offers to resign - Mar 06, 2012
- Dikshit discusses transfer of IAS officers with Chidambaram - Feb 15, 2011
- Congress seeks apology from Vijay Goel - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: 2010 commonwealth games, chief minister, chief secretary, delhi cm, east delhi, few suggestions, gaur, government schemes, jal, marathon meetings, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, opposition parties, parliamentary constituencies, parliamentary constituency, principal secretary, regularization, ruling party, sheila dikshit, social welfare