Delhi blast: Suspects sent to 12 days” police custodyOctober 4th, 2008 - 10:05 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 4 (ANI): A Delhi Metropolitan Court on Saturday sent five suspected terrorists allegedly involved in the September 13, Delhi serial blasts to 12 days” police custody.
Mohammed Saif, Zeeshan, Mohammed Shakeel, Zia-Ur-Rehman and Saquib Nissar were produced before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjeev Jain who sent them to police custody till October 16.
On September 19, Saif was arrested in an encounter at Jamia Nagar in south Delhi, while Zeeshan was arrested the same evening from Jhandewalan area in Central Delhi.
The next day, on September 20 Mohammed Shakeel, Zia-Ur-Rehman and Saquib Nissar were arrested from south Delhi and were produced in court in connection with the blast at Gaffar Market.
Saif and Zeeshan have been named as accused for their alleged involvement in the blasts at Greater Kailash-I on the same day.
On September 13, five bombs went off in less than half an hour in the national capital. Two of them in the heart of Delhi in Connaught Place, two at the upscale Greater Kailash M-Block market in South Delhi, and one, the most damaging one, in the crowded Ghaffar Market in Karol Bagh.
The Delhi serial blasts had left 21 dead and over 90 injured.
The last major attack in Delhi was in October 2005, when 66 people were killed by three bombs in busy markets, just ahead of Diwali.
This year, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Bangalore were hit by serial blasts. (ANI)
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Delhi blasts suspects' custody extended by 12 days - Oct 04, 2008
- Court issues warrants against Delhi blasts accused - Dec 08, 2008
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009
- Delhi Police charge five for Greater Kailash blast - Dec 18, 2008
- Delhi Police file charges for Sep 13 serial blasts - Jan 14, 2009
- Court seeks presence of five Delhi blast suspects - Nov 10, 2008
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi blasts accused sent to jail till Feb 4 - Jan 21, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 02, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Delhi blasts: Judicial custody of six accused extended - Feb 18, 2009
- Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police's custody - Jun 12, 2009
- Court dismisses plea of Delhi serial blasts suspects - Dec 17, 2008
Tags: ahmedabad, central delhi, connaught place, diwali, half an hour, jain, karol bagh, magistrate, metropolitan court, mohammed, police custody, rehman, saif, saquib, september 13, serial blasts, shakeel, south delhi, zeeshan, zia