Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzedSeptember 11th, 2011 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 11 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir Police and the National Investigation Agency (NIA) are questioning seven people in connection with an email claiming responsibility for the Delhi High Court bombing, a police officer said Sunday.
“We have picked up seven people and have put them through sustained interrogation, but there are no conclusions at the moment,” a senior police officer told IANS on condition of anonymity.
The bomb blast Sep 7 left 13 dead and over 90 injured.
An email which claimed that terror group Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) carried out the bombing was traced to an internet cafe in Kishtwar, a town 230 km northeast of Jammu.
Three people, including the cafe’s two owners, were held for interrogation Sep 8. Subsequently, four more people were detained, including two surrendered militants.
Kishtwar is a mountainous area in Jammu region and was a hotbed of militancy a couple of years ago. Groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hizb-ul-Mujadeen and HuJI were active in the area.
- NIA releases one of three arrested youth - Sep 24, 2011
- Chidambaram holds meeting with top security officials - Sep 08, 2011
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- NIA to quiz jailed Hizbul linkman in Delhi blast - Sep 28, 2011
- Delhi blast: No breakthrough - Sep 09, 2011
- Promising but no conclusive leads in Delhi blast: Chidambaram - Sep 09, 2011
- Kishtwar student sent to NIA custody till Oct 7 - Sep 23, 2011
- Delhi blast: Jammu and Kashmir Police verifying facts - Sep 10, 2011
- Kishtwar student a conspirator in Delhi blast, says NIA - Sep 22, 2011
- Delhi blast mastermind trapped in Kishtwar? - Nov 15, 2011
- Five held in Kishtwar for Delhi blast email - Sep 09, 2011
- Afzal Guru denies link to Delhi blast - Sep 09, 2011
- Flurry of email claims confound Delhi blast case - Sep 10, 2011
- HuJI claims responsibility for Delhi blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi blast: Kashmir cops seek email suspects' remand - Sep 14, 2011
Tags: anonymity, bomb blast, claiming responsibility, delhi high court, email, hizb, hotbed, huji, internet cafe, interrogation, investigation agency, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kishtwar, lashkar e taiba, mountainous area, mujadeen, national investigation, police officer, terror group