Defence Commanders to review securityNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin
Chief of Army staff, General Deepak Kapoor, addressed an Army Commanders’ Conference, to focus on key policy, conceptual and doctrinal issues in the light of the prevailing and developing security environment.
All Army Commanders and senior officers of the Army attended the conference. The deliberations of the conference are to continue till October 27.
The conference reviewed the nation’s security environment, status of operational readiness and also took note of the situation in Jammu and Kashmir and the North-east.
Aspects of force modernisation, including battlefield transparency, long range precision engagement and integral air-mobility are being discussed in detail as part of the overall review.
One critical issue on the agenda is the Army’s Space Vision 2020.
The Army realises the importance of space as a vital arena for future exploitation and has already established a “Space Cell” in the Army HQ to coordinate space-based applications in a joint services operational environment.
The appraisal of the progress made in transforming the Army from platform centric to network-enabled and finally to a fully network centric force was also a part of the discussions.
“Besides discussing various issues, we shall be carrying out a holistic review of the entire operations situation with specific reference to the analysis of the situation in Jammu and Kashmir and in the eastern region,” Lt. General Sushil Gupta, Deputy Chief of Army Staff, said.
“We shall also be discussing issues related to force modernisation, certain issues on battlefield transparency as also the necessity of having an integral transport fleet as far as the air aviation wing is concerned,” he added.
Air Force commanders, led by Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major met to take stock of new acquisitions that are expected over the next six months.
Meanwhile, Admiral Sureesh Mehta met with senior officials of Indian Navy. (ANI)
- Antony cautions Indian Army commanders on dangers of cyber-warfare - May 17, 2010
- IAF commanders assess force levels - Oct 12, 2011
- Antony warns of emerging threats from China, AfPak - Apr 24, 2012
- WAC commanders meet to plan rapid inductions - Jul 07, 2011
- Army's desert exercise enters crucial phase - Nov 24, 2011
- PM to address military commanders on security matters - Oct 07, 2011
- Commanders to debate battle readiness, security threats - Apr 20, 2011
- Naxal violence to be focus of Army Commanders' Conference - May 14, 2010
- Thales announces deliveries in software-defined radio networking - Mar 30, 2012
- Army Commanders' Confer in New Delhi - Oct 25, 2010
- Air Chief for primacy to operations given prevailing security situation - Apr 25, 2011
- Indian Army to hold summer exercise in Rajasthan desert - Feb 26, 2012
- Key Indian Army, IAF commanders meet; talk synergy - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Indian military lacks IT-networking capability' - Jul 26, 2011
- Indian Army, air force practice enemy annihilation - May 12, 2011
Tags: addressed, air aviation, air chief marshal, air force commanders, army commanders, army hq, army staff, battlefield, centric, chief of army, commanders conference, developing security, environment status, jammu and kashmir, modernisation, precision engagement, security environment, space vision, transparency, vital arena