Defamation case filed against ex-Bihar CM Rabri DeviApril 13th, 2009 - 6:35 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Apr 13 (ANI): Janata Dal- United (JD-U) leader Rajiv Ranjan Singh ‘Lalan’ on Monday filed a defamation case against former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi for making inflammatory remarks against him and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar earlier this month.
The complaint said such malicious and slanderous statements did not behove a former Chief Minister.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A. K. Jha received the case under Section 499 and 500 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
On April 5, at an election rally in Saran parliamentary constituency, Rabri Devi had allegedly described Nitish Kumar and Lalan as being “brothers-in-law”.
On April 6, senior advocate Ashutosh Ranjan Pandey filed a petition in the Patna High Court against Rabri Devi, seeking criminal contempt proceedings against her.
He also charged Rabri Devi of scandalizing and lowering the authority of the judiciary.
The JD(U) also urged the Election Commission (EC) to bar Rabri Devi from participating in election campaigns and also asked for a termination of her membership from the Bihar State Assembly. (ANI)
- Defamation case against Rabri Devi to be heard on May 13 - May 04, 2009
- Defamation case against Rabri Devi to be heard today - May 13, 2009
- Rabri Devi gets bail for abusive remarks - May 18, 2010
- Notable winners and losers in Bihar - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U files defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 13, 2009
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Rabri Devi faces criminal contempt petition - Apr 06, 2009
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Rabri Devi booked on charge of abusing Nitish Kumar - Apr 06, 2009
- Rabri in trouble for using foul language against Nitish - Apr 05, 2009
- Contempt of court proceedings sought against Rabri Devi - Apr 06, 2009
- JD-U plans defamation case against Rabri Devi - Apr 11, 2009
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Voting begins for third phase of Bihar polls (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: bihar cm, bihar state, chief minister, contempt proceedings, criminal contempt, defamation case, election campaigns, election rally, indian penal code, inflammatory remarks, janata, jha, judicial magistrate, lalan, nitish kumar, parliamentary constituency, patna high court, ranjan, slanderous statements, state assembly