Deepika Padukone dazzles ramp at India Fashion WeekMarch 22nd, 2009 - 9:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 22 (ANI): Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone on Sunday rocked the ramp for two designers at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
On the fourth day of the fashion week, Padukone was the show-stopper for designers Rana Gill and Rina Dhaka.
The actress dazzled audiences in a multi-hued full-length gown and a short brown-and-white dress on a day when ballroom gowns and cocktail dresses ruled the ramp.
The actress expressed happiness on returning to a place from where she started.
Its great to be back with the same people I started off with and to know that they feel the same way for me. No one has changed. Its the same make-up artistes, same designers, same models and choreographers. So its really nice to come back to a place from where I started off, Padukone said.
Drawing inspiration from nature and science, fashion designers Rina Dhaka and Rana Gill showcased an exclusive collection, Nature Meets Science, for upcoming Autumn/Winter season at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
Brown and black dresses dominated Dhakas autumn/winter designs while Gill featured dark brown, green and blue gowns and mini-jackets in her collection.
All the colours of velvet, all basically peacock colour blue, green, purple have been used. As a designer I love colour. So every season I try and use colour in my palette. So that was the collection for you, Gill said.
Making use of new printing techniques and huge motifs and fabric texturing Dhakas collection was a mixture of innovation and technology along with history and science to make something completely new.
The ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week to showcase autumn-winter collections has registered 175 buyers, from both domestic and international markets.
However, the global meltdown has affected the turnout of buyers who are opting for smaller quantities for their fashion houses. (ANI)
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- Deepika is showstopper for two designers at WIFW (With Images) - Mar 22, 2009
- Oscar-nominated 'Nine' inspires show at WIFW - Mar 28, 2010
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Summer wear sells at WIFW - Mar 29, 2010
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
Tags: autumn winter, ballroom gowns, black dresses, bollywood actress, cocktail dresses, deepika padukone, fashion designers, fashion houses, global meltdown, green purple, history and science, india fashion week, innovation and technology, length gown, new printing, printing techniques, rina dhaka, show stopper, wills lifestyle india fashion week, winter designs