Deepak Sandhu to be Media Adviser to the PMDecember 3rd, 2008 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec.3 (ANI): Deepak Sandhu, the Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), is to be the new media advisor to the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh.
A source in the Prime Minister” Office (PMO) said that a formal order on her appointment as the next media adviser is expected by this evening.
Mrs Sandhu will succeed Dr. Sanjay Baru, who left the PMO four months ago to join the academic world in Singapore.
An officer of the Indian Information Service (IIS), Mrs.Sandhu has held challenging appointments like the Director General of the News Services of All India Radio, headed the Doordarshan News Service and the Directorate of Film Festivals.
She was spokesman for the Ministries of Finance and Human Resources Development when the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) was in office.
Sandhu, who was due to retire in two months, has sought voluntary retirement to take up this important assignment.
Sources said that she faces the challenging task of providing credible information from the PMO,a fact that the media had said was missing ever since the exit of Dr. Baru.
Sandhu is expected to be succeeded at the PIB by Mr. Umakant Mishra, the present Director General of the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP). (ANI)
- Neelam Kapur assumes office as Principal Director General, Press Information Bureau - Apr 01, 2009
- Deepak Sandhu named media advisor to prime minister - Dec 03, 2008
- Government on image-building drive - May 12, 2011
- Uma Kant Mishra takes over as Principal Director General, Press Information Bureau - Dec 05, 2008
- Shunglu panel finds Prasar Bharati contracts arbitrary, PMO warns stern action (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2011
- Pachauri is PM's 'communication advisor', Khare quits (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Neelam Kapoor set to be youngest PIB chief - Mar 17, 2009
- Pulok Chatterjee to be back in PMO soon - Jul 26, 2011
- Ex-police chief to head Tamil Nadu public service panel - Jan 21, 2012
- Shunglu panel submits three more reports - Mar 29, 2011
- Neeraj Kumar named new Delhi Police chief - Jun 28, 2012
- Washington Post offers no apology for Manmohan story - Sep 06, 2012
- Bhagwati India's next envoy to London? - Nov 28, 2011
- Nehchal Sandhu to take over as IB chief on Jan.1, 2011 - Nov 29, 2010
- Sudripto Roy Himachal's new chief secretary - May 01, 2012
Tags: academic world, all india radio, doordarshan news, dr manmohan singh, dr sanjay, film festivals, human resources development, manmohan, manmohan singh, media adviser, national democratic alliance, nda, pib, pmo, press information bureau, prime minister office, principal director, providing credible information, sandhu, voluntary retirement