Days of CPI (M)’s reign in West Bengal are numbered, says Rahul GandhiSeptember 6th, 2010 - 11:31 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Sep. 6 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, who started his party’s election campaign here on Monday, said that the days of the rule of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) were numbered in West Bengal.
“One day I read in the newspapers, that suddenly (Communism) disappeared from Russia. Within one day it was uprooted, same will happen here. Now CPM (Communist Party of India-Marxist) understands the way that day came in Russia, similarly it is going to come in Bengal. It won’t take too much of time before CPM is uprooted here,” said Rahul Gandhi.
Calling the ruling parties’ ideology obsolete, Rahul Gandhi said the government in the West Bengal was only working for its own cadres.
“All of you know that in China there is a Communist government. I was speaking to their leaders and they asked me, what’s wrong with the Communists in Bengal? Where are they stuck? Their ideology is 70-80 years old and it has disappeared from the rest of the world. But in Bengal they are running this (ideology). They are not running it here for you but only for the benefit of CPM workers an their own benefit,” said Rahul Gandhi.
Stating an old local saying in West Bengal that “What Bengal does today, India thinks tomorrow,” he quipped that it was actually the other way round at present.
“There was a time when Bengal used to think and the rest of India used to follow. Today the rest of the country is working, and the CPM government is not letting you think,” said Rahul Gandhi. (ANI)
- CPI-M will be wiped out in Bengal: Rahul Gandhi (Third Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Vote out CPI-M, end misrule: Rahul tells Bengal (Roundup) - Apr 15, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi slams Communist 'misrule' in West Bengal - Apr 14, 2011
- End of Left rule in West Bengal: Rahul Gandhi - Apr 14, 2011
- CPI-M's days are numbered, thunders Rahul (Second Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Marxist Jyoti Basu had a bourgeois lifestyle: Dalai Lama - Feb 07, 2011
- CPI-M doesn't belong to West Bengal's poor: Rahul (Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Left-ruled Kerala govt. does not view growth as an important factor: Rahul Gandhi - Apr 09, 2011
- Congress will not bow to pressure: Rahul Gandhi - Sep 16, 2010
- Vote out CPI-M, end misrule: Rahul tells Bengal (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- CPM confident of winning West Bengal polls - Mar 26, 2011
- Bengal's future rests with Congress-Trinamool: Sonia - Apr 15, 2011
- Bengal thinks, India does: Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Sep 16, 2010
- Karat slams Trinamool Congress over links with Maoists - Apr 21, 2011
- Bangladesh daily objects to Hasina congratulating Mamata - May 15, 2011
Tags: benefit, cadres, china, communism, communist government, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, communists, congress, CPI, election campaign, general secretary, kolkata, newspapers, rahul gandhi, rest of the world, ruling parties, russia, west bengal