Dawood Ibrahim’s aide arrestedApril 11th, 2009 - 9:44 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Apr 11 (ANI): Maharashtra police on Saturday arrested a sharp-shooter of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Asif Mohammad Shaikh alias Asif Dadhi, an alleged associate of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, has been sent to a two-day police custody.
Many cases of murder, attempt to murder and ransom have been registered against Dadhi.
“When we received information, we laid a trap to arrest Dadhi. He tried to escape but we succeeded in arresting him. When we frisked him, we recovered one country made revolver and two cartridges from him. We are trying to verify whether he is an aide of Dawood Ibrahim,” Pune Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mahesh Patil, said.
Dadhi, a 42-years-old civil engineer, has served many jail terms in the past. According to the police, Dadhi has taken training in militancy abroad. Two mobiles and Rs. 28,000 in cash were also recovered from Dadhi.
What came as a surprise is the fact that he has saved the phone number of his wife by the name of Air India. Recently, the Mumbai Crime Branch received an e-mail threat to blow up the Air India building.
Dawood Ibrahim, India’s most wanted man for his part in the country’s most deadly bombings, has eluded authorities for the past 15 years. He is believed to be hiding in Pakistan.
In 1993, Ibrahim, and his brother Anis, allegedly masterminded India’s worst bombings, which killed at least 250 people and wounded more than 700 in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Dawood's aide among three sharpshooters held - Mar 26, 2011
- Kaskar attack: Seven booked under stringent law - Sep 14, 2011
- Dawood aide Iqbal Mirchi held in London: CBI - Oct 11, 2011
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- Two Dawood Ibrahim aides arrested in Mumbai - Jun 25, 2010
- Mumbai Police claim to have 'broken' underworld's back-bone - Jan 11, 2012
- US slaps sanctions against Chhota Shakeel, Tiger Memon (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Police custody for Kaskar driver's shooters (Third Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Dawood is in Pakistan: Chidambaram - May 12, 2011
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
- India seeks Mirchi's extradition - Oct 12, 2011
- US sanctions Dawood aides Chhota Shakeel, Tiger Memon - May 16, 2012
- Mukhtar Ansari's sharpshooter arrested - Nov 16, 2010
- Pakistan should hand over Dawood to India: Krishna - Oct 05, 2011
- Dawood aide arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: air india, asif, civil engineer, commissioner of police, crime branch, dawood ibrahim india, deadly bombings, deputy commissioner, don dawood ibrahim, e mail, jail terms, maharashtra police, mahesh, militancy, mohammad, murder attempt, police custody, ransom, sharp shooter, wanted man