David Hasselhoffs ex wife claims his drinking wrecked their marriageOctober 6th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 6 (ANI): American actor David Hasselhoffs ex-wife Pamela Bach blames his wild drinking ways for the failure of their marriage and family problems.
Bach said that the actors alcoholism was like cancer, and that covering up for him was very exhausting.
David is a falling-down drunk and I covered up for him for years. Alcoholism destroys you whether you are a regular Joe or the biggest star on the planet, Fox News quoted Bach as telling the Daily Mail.
I never really noticed when we were dating. But when we were married, it was clear David was drinking a lot. He couldnt hide it. He is fundamentally unhappy even though theres no real reason for his unhappiness.
Everybody thought he was the golden star in the swimming trunks on the beach with (Baywatch co-star) Pamela Anderson, but the drink was taking over his life. To me, he was the man who fell over on the bedroom floor, she said.
She recalled an incident that took place in June 2002, when she had thought her husband was at the Betty Ford rehab clinic for treatment, but instead shocked her with an intoxicated call from a hotel room.
Im drunk and I think Im dying, Bach recalled him as telling her through the phone.
Bach, who had been happy that Hasselhoff had agreed to go into rehab, was crushed when she received the phone call.
After years of drinking, hed finally admitted he had a problem and had agreed to go into rehab, she remembered.
It had all been such a huge relief. But then I got that phone call, she stated.
When she arrived at the hotel, she came to know that her husband had consumed everything in the minibar, and was later found by a maid on the floor semi-conscious and partly naked.
As usual Bach covered up the incident to protect his reputation and the family.
Had news leaked out, it would have destroyed the image he created for himself and the image I created for my friends and family. We were both living a lie but the biggest tragedy was that David loved the bottle more than me, she said.
But no matter how much she tried to cover up for him, his drinking problem leaked out in recent months.
Did I know he had a drinking problem? Yes, probably. But I protected him and our children because that was my job. He provided for us and I saw my role as making his life as easy as possible. I know he loved me, she said.
We were both living a lie but the biggest tragedy was that David loved the bottle more than me, she added. (ANI)
- David Hasselhoff proposes to Hayley Roberts - Jan 31, 2012
- David Hasselhoff Hospitalized, Yet Again, By Daughter - May 26, 2010
- My daughters' love saved me from alcohol addiction: David Hasselhoff - Apr 17, 2011
- David Hasselhoff's ex facing lawsuit over March DUI - Dec 01, 2009
- David Hasselhoff Gets Roasted by Whitney Cummings & Other Pals - Aug 17, 2010
- Baywatch star David Hasselhoff hospitalized yet again - May 26, 2010
- Daughter takes drunk David Hasselhoff to hospital - Sep 21, 2009
- I felt guilty my marriages didn't work: Hasselhoff - Apr 18, 2011
- David Hasselhoff's ex-wife asking for spousal support after death - May 12, 2009
- Hasselhoff wants to star with Pamela - Oct 21, 2011
- Whitney Cummings keeps the audience in splits on 'The Roast of David Hasselhoff' - Aug 17, 2010
- David Hasselhoff's Comedy Central Roast Entertains Viewers To The Fullest - Aug 16, 2010
- Hasselhoff laughs at himself to deal with negative publicity - Aug 03, 2010
- David Hasselhoff admits he fancied Pammie - Jan 05, 2011
- Pamela Bach arrested for DUI - Nov 30, 2009
Tags: actor david, american actor, baywatch, bedroom floor, betty ford, co star, daily mail, fox news, golden star, living a lie, marriage and family, minibar, pamela anderson, pamela bach, real reason, rehab clinic, star pamela anderson, swimming trunks, unhappiness, wife pamela