Darkness and danger inspire Rohit Bal’’s collection for Delhi Fashion WeekMarch 24th, 2009 - 1:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 24 (ANI): A dim lit stage and haunting music provided a perfect setting for fashion designer Rohit Bal’’s collection at the grand finale of the Delhi Fashion Week here last evening.
Mysteries of the night unfolded in a mystical and myriad presentation as models walked the ramp in Bal’’s collection aptly titled ”Raat”.
Known for his creativity on ramp, Bal again surprised everybody by his intense and dark collection inspired by danger and darkness and all things evil.
“It was about danger, it was about seduction, it was about lust, sensuality and sexy. It was about demons in the night. It was something that reflects a darker part of your personality,” said Bal.
Textures, layering, mixing and other techniques were combined to create an imaginative yet wearable collection of evening gowns, dresses, jackets and voluminous skirts.
Silks, heavy cottons, net. Voiles, silk jerseys, organza and felt, all the fabrics were used imaginatively to create dresses in silhouetted ranging from the opulence of Marie Antoinette to Victorian and Vintage.
The colour palette also followed the moods of the night as dress after dress was showcased by models on ramp in colours of black, deep purple and other such dark colours.
The six-day event, Delhi Fashion Week is a collection of highly creative designers which has set new standards for the Indian fashion industry and is creating greater opportunities for fashion designers. (ANI)
- Rohit Gandhi,Rahul Khanna create 'Theatre of Illusion' at WIFW - Oct 13, 2011
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- 'The Theatre of Illusions' by Rohit-Rahul at WIFW finale - Oct 02, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Shilpa, Chitrangada mesmerise at WIFW finale - Oct 28, 2010
- Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar's LFW show - Aug 17, 2011
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Rohit Bal's grand finale gets standing ovation - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: colour palette, creative designers, dark colours, deep purple, demons in the night, evening gowns, fashion designer, fashion designers, fashion industry, fashion week, grand finale, haunting music, indian fashion, marie antoinette, moods, opulence, organza, ramp, rohit bal, sensuality