Daniel Craig says Ian Fleming’’s James Bond was depressedOctober 17th, 2008 - 3:51 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 17 (ANI): Daniel Craig has revealed that after reading Ian Fleming’’s James Bond books he realised the superspy was depressive.
The British actor, who first played 007 in Casino Royale, is back for more action in new film Quantum of Solace and he wanted to portray the darker side of the suave spy.
In an interview, Craig recalled reading the books when he was younger and finding Bond a workaholic depressive and that’’s the character he wanted to channel in the latest adventure.
I wanted to play around with the flaws in his character. It was much more interesting than having him be perfect and polished, Contactmusic quoted him, as telling Playboy magazine.
“I got most of my inspiration from Ian Fleming’’s books. I reread them. In the books, Bond is suave and sophisticated, yes… but there’’s also a flawed aspect of Bond.
“In the novels he is quite a depressive character. When he’’s not working, he’’s at his worst… I can relate, he added. (ANI)
- Craig portrays flaws in Bond's personality in new movie - Oct 17, 2008
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Bentley and publishers Hodder and Stoughten come out with 1500 dollar limited 007 book - Apr 27, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Daniel Craig says picking 007 girls is weird'' - Oct 20, 2008
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Ian Fleming''s life was as colourful as James Bond''s - Nov 10, 2008
- Railways' green signal to Bond film - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: british actor, casino royale, contactmusic, daniel craig, darker side, ian fleming, inspiration, james bond books, new film, novels, playboy magazine, quantum, s books, solace, suave spy, superspy