Daniel Craig backs a black Bond after Obama winNovember 6th, 2008 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 6 (ANI): Following the historic victory of Barack Obama in the US Presidential elections, Daniel Craig says the world should be prepared to see a coloured 007.
The 40-year-old, who was himself the target of much criticism for being the first blonde Bond, humoured the idea at a press conference before the Italian premier of his latest Bond film, ”Quantum of Solace”.
After Barack Obama’’s victory I think we might have reached the moment for a coloured 007, the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Agi news agency.
I think the role could easily be played by a black actor, because the character created by Ian Fleming in the Fifties has undergone a great deal of evolution and continues to be updated.
The Brit, who admired Obama for his ideals and was happy to see him win, added: I”ve always been a fan of Obama. The political ideas that have emerged from his speeches seem to me to be genuine. (ANI)
- After black Bond, now a black Dr Who? - Nov 07, 2008
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Daniel Craig all for a black Bond - Nov 06, 2008
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- After playing vampire, Pattinson wants James Bond role - Jul 10, 2012
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Brosnan couldn't digest Craig as Bond - Jan 28, 2010
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012