Dancer Mansingh celebrates the Golden Jubilee of her career in DelhiFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 6:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.23 (ANI): Renowned Indian classical dancer Sonal Mansingh, celebrated 50 years of her dancing career with a performance here.
Her interpretation of bhajans along with powerful gestures and steps mesmerized the audience.
“I am spellbound by the performance. She touched my spirit, she inspired me, and I feel that I will also sing one day. I salute her and this programme. I felt that God himself sent her here and her performance has filled me with tremendous energy. I can just say that she is great,” said Rohini Pathak, a spectator.
Mansingh presented various phases of Lord Krishna’s life and called it ‘a pilgrimage and a journey of the inner soul.’
“It is just a pilgrimage, it’s a journey. It gives me immense pleasure if I share some happiness with people because Krishna is a source of eternal sweetness and happiness,” she said.
Despite opposition from her family, Mansingh started her real dance training at the age of 18 in Bangalore, under the guidance of U. S. Krishna Rao and Chandrabhaga Devi, and later learnt Odissi from Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra.
In the course of her career, she has been honored with awards like the Padma Bhushan (1992), Padma Vibhushan (2003), and many more. (ANI)
- Emerging as 'kathakar' for first time publicly: Sonal Mansingh - Feb 21, 2011
- An Argentine who dedicated five decades to Indian dance (With images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Foreign feet on India's traditional dance floor - May 01, 2011
- Japanese dancer takes Indian dances to the world (Feature) - Mar 05, 2010
- I'll not quit dancing: Esha Deol - Aug 11, 2012
- From classical roots to free flow in Indian dance (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sonal Mansingh's eviction case to be heard again - Sep 12, 2011
- Zohra 100 years young, says Salman Rushdie - Apr 27, 2012
- Shilpa Shetty and Jayaprada took lessons in the classical Indian dance - Jan 27, 2009
- Ileana Citaristi's Italian odyssey into Odissi (With Images) - Jun 22, 2009
- First woman press photographer among 32 Padma women awardees - Jan 25, 2011
- Anup Jalota 'delighted' with Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2012
- 'DID 3' winner wants to be best dancer, train young children - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Tagore's works finding pan Indian voice now' (With Images) - Aug 12, 2011
- Zohra Sehgal: Indian entertainment's 'laadli' turns 100 (With Image) - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: bangalore, bhajans, dance training, gestures, golden jubilee, guru kelucharan mohapatra, happiness, immense pleasure, indian classical dancer, krishna rao, lord krishna, mansingh, New Delhi, odissi, padma bhushan, padma vibhushan, pilgrimage, s krishna, spectator, sweetness