Dame Judi Dench gets Lifetime Achievement award at European OscarsDecember 8th, 2008 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 8 (ANI): Hollywood actress Dame Judi Dench was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 21st annual European film awards in Copenhagen.
According to the Guardian, the European film industry honored the actress for her outstanding body of work.
Born in Yorkshire, the beauty was delighted to receive the award and revealed that she had never visited Denmark before, but added: “This is a surprise because I have some Danish blood in my ancestry.
“I have been acting for 51 years now. So I hope lifetime achievement means more than 51 years, because I”m about to do a play in my 52nd year. It would be nice to think it’’s not all over, she said.
The beauty was handed over the award by Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen, who played the villainous Le Chiffre in Casino Royale. (ANI)
- Judi Dench receives lifetime achievement award - Nov 09, 2011
- Judi Dench receives top BFI honour - Jun 24, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- It's Judi Dench not Cruise for Mulligan - Sep 19, 2010
- Dame Judi Dench receives Dorchester Outstanding Achievement Award - Jan 26, 2011
- Judi Dench voted greatest stage star - Dec 17, 2010
- Dame Judi Dench hailed as Greatest Stage Star Of All Time - Dec 16, 2010
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Mirren named as favourite movie monarch: poll - Jan 19, 2011
- 'The Italian Job': Voted The Best English Film Ever! - Jan 11, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench always wanted to work with Clint Eastwood - Jan 26, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench breaks her toes on 'J. Edgar' set - Feb 17, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench breaks her toes - Feb 17, 2011
- Next Bond flick to be Dame Judi Dench's last? - Apr 11, 2010
- Helen Mirren's portrayal of 'The Queen' voted best movie monarch - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: actress dame judi, ancestry, casino royale, copenhagen, dame judi dench, danish actor, denmark, european film awards, european film industry, guardian, hollywood, hollywood actress, judi dench, lifetime achievement award, london, mads mikkelsen, oscars, surprise, yorkshire