DA case: Lalu, Rabri challenge Patna HC order in Supreme CourtNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:47 am ICT by admin
Since the case was probed by CBI, so either the Centre or the investigating agency was competent to challenge the CBI court verdict, the petition said.
On September 20, the High Court had held that the Bihar government’s appeal challenging their acquittal in a DA case maintainable, saying the appeal could be entertained under section 378 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) relating to a case of acquittal.
On December 18, 2006, the duo had been acquitted by Special CBI judge Muni Lal Paswan in the case, relating to Lalu’s assets worth Rs 46 lakh beyond his known sources of income. Rabri Devi was made a co-accused in the case.
The state government had gone in appeal against the CBI court verdict after the, Central Bureau of Investigation, which had probed the DA case, decided not to challenge the acquittal. (ANI)
- Apex court to rule if states can appeal acquittals in CBI cases - Mar 19, 2012
- Supreme Court reserves ruling on Lalu's graft case - Mar 10, 2010
- Bihar cannot challenge Lalu's acquittal, rules apex court - Apr 01, 2010
- Lawsuits on Lalu's acquittal to be heard Wednesday - Mar 09, 2010
- CPI-ML to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 20, 2012
- Fodder scam: Key facts - Jan 31, 2012
- Bihar to move apex court against massacre case acquittal - Apr 18, 2012
- SC admits plea against acquittal in Bihar massacre (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh not entitled to challenge Bhopal verdict - Jun 09, 2010
- Patna HC admits Bihar Govt. appeal against Lalu-Rabri - Mar 20, 2008
- Apex court adjourns hearing on Lalu's plea in wealth case - Aug 01, 2008
- Ex-Bihar police chief's illegal assets to be seized - Jul 24, 2012
- Bihar government asserts right to challenge Lalu's acquittal - Aug 28, 2008
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- Lalu, Jagannath Mishra to be charged in fodder scam - Aug 29, 2011
Tags: acquittal, acquitted, bihar government, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, court verdict, criminal procedure code, crpc, investigating agency, lakh, lal, lalu, muni, patna hc, petition, state government, worth rs