D. Subbarao to become next RBI GovernorSeptember 1st, 2008 - 9:04 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sep 1 (ANI): Dr. Duvuri Subbarao has been appointed as the next Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
He will take charge of the new post after the present RBI Governor, Dr. Y.V. Reddy demits his office on September 5. Finance Minister P. Chidambaram made this announcement today.
Dr. Subbarao is presently holding the post of Finance Secretary in the Ministry of Finance. Prior to this, he was Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Finance. He belongs to the 1972 batch of the IAS (Andhra Pradesh cadre).
Dr. Subbarao has wide experience on issues in public finance and has held important posts in this area. He has worked as Secretary to the Prime Minister’’s Economic Advisory Council.
Dr. Subbarao studied at IIT Kanpur and was one of the first IIT products to join the civil services. Subsequent to joining the IAS, he did his MS in Economics from Ohio State University (1978) and was a Humphrey Fellow at MIT during 1982-83. He has a Ph. D in Economics. (ANI)
- Pradeep Kumar, IIT alumnus, is new CVC: Sources (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Duvvuri Subbarao next Reserve Bank Governor (Lead) - Sep 01, 2008
- More IITs may go against common entrance test - Jun 09, 2012
- Finance Secretary Duvvuri Subbarao next Reserve Bank Governor (Second lead) - Sep 01, 2008
- Sibal rules out rollback of common IIT test - Jun 12, 2012
- D. Subba Rao to be next Reserve Bank Governor - Sep 01, 2008
- New Punjab chief secretary, police chief appointed - Mar 15, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Chandra Bhushan Paliwal new CVO of SAIL - Jul 15, 2010
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj takes CVC battle to President Patil - Sep 07, 2010
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- Shashi Kant Sharma takes over as Secretary in Finance Ministry - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: bank of india, economic advisory council, finance minister, finance secretary, ministry of finance, ohio state university, p chidambaram, public finance, reserve bank of india, secretary department