CWG scam: Shunglu panel likely to submit three more reportsMarch 29th, 2011 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 29 (ANI): The Shunglu Committee, appointed by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh is likely to submit three more reports today on irregularities related to Commonwealth Games (CWG) venues and Organising Committee.
The report is expected to highlight the glitches and irregularities in preparing stadiums for the Games.
The report will also look into working of the CWG organizing committee.
The panel headed by V.K.Shunglu had on January 31 submitted its first report on alleged irregularities in awarding broadcasting rights during the sporting extravaganza and recommended strict action against suspended Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharti B S Lalli and former Director General (Doordarshan) Aruna Sharma under relevant Sections of IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act for their alleged act of omission and commission.
Both Lalli, a 1971-batch IAS officer, and Sharma (1982 batch IAS officer of MP cadre) are facing allegations of irregularities in the Rs.246 crore deal struck by public broadcasting body which included the controversial decision to give the contract for broadcast of the Games to a UK-based firm SIS Live.
The second and third report submitted by the Committee on the Games Village and the city’s infrastructure has indicted Delhi Lieutenant-Governor Tejinder Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, among several others, for delays and losses in projects related to the 2010 Games. (ANI)
- Shunglu panel blames CWG OC for delay in executing contracts - Mar 29, 2011
- Ministries analyzing Shunglu Committee report: Manmohan Singh - Apr 01, 2011
- Shunglu Committee to submit three more CWG reports by Tuesday - Mar 27, 2011
- BJP demands Sheila Dikshit's resignation over Shunglu report - Mar 31, 2011
- Delhi Govt. to respond with a point-by-point rebuttal over Shunglu report - Mar 29, 2011
- Shunglu panel indicts Delhi Lt Governor for inadequacies in CWG construction - Mar 24, 2011
- SC asks Centre to file CBI report on suspended Prasar Bharati CEO - Apr 01, 2011
- Shunglu panel submits three more reports - Mar 29, 2011
- Supreme Court asks Centre to file affidavit against Lalli - Feb 14, 2011
- Manmohan Singh warns of 'stern action' following Shunglu Committee's report - Feb 01, 2011
- Shunglu Committee report: BJP demands action against guilty in CWG - Feb 01, 2011
- Prasar Bharati awarded CWG contracts arbitrarily: Shunglu Committee (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Shunglu panel finds Prasar Bharati contracts arbitrary, PMO warns stern action (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2011
- Money-laundering case against suspended Prasar Bharti chief - Jun 21, 2011
- Stern action on Shunglu Committee's first report: PMO - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: aruna, chief executive officer, chief minister, commonwealth games, controversial decision, doordarshan, dr manmohan singh, glitches, irregularities, lalli, lieutenant governor, manmohan, manmohan singh, organizing committee, prasar bharti, prevention of corruption act, public broadcasting, relevant sections, sheila dikshit, strict action