CWG scam: Kalmadi to be questioned by CBI todayApril 25th, 2011 - 12:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 25 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will today question former head of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, Suresh Kalmadi, for the fourth time in connection with irregularities in the contract for the Queen’s Baton Relay.
On April 20, Kalmadi had skipped an interrogation session with the CBI citing medical reasons and appointments related to his constituency in Maharashtra.
Sources say that the CBI has got leads from a Hyderabad-based company AKR constructions which is being suspected of being a frontal company for Kalmadi.
The CBI first questioned Kalmadi on January 5.
On March 11, a five-member CBI team had conducted a search of his locker at the Parliament street branch of UCO Bank in New Delhi.
The CBI had visited branches of the ICICI and Saraswat banks in Karvenagar in December 2010, when officials raided Kalmadi’s homes and offices in Pune and Delhi.
Kalmadi, who has been in the eye of the storm ever since the conduct of the games, received a fresh blow on February 11, when the CBI arrested Shekhar Mukund Deorukhkar from Pune.
Deorukhkar has been accused of hiding facts about transactions and contract papers, which were eventually recovered during the raids conducted by the CBI.
Earlier on February 23, the CBI arrested Kalmadi’ key aides Lalit Bhanot and VK Verma in connection with alleged irregularities related to the event.
The CBI is also probing alleged irregularities in the hiring of Swiss firm Event Knowledge Services (EKS) as CWG’s technical consultant. (ANI)
- CWG scam: CBI questions Kalmadi for second time - Mar 15, 2011
- All involved in CWG scam must be quizzed: Kalmadi - Mar 15, 2011
- CWG scam: Defiant Kalmadi says ready to face any probe - Mar 05, 2011
- Timeline of CWG cases and developments - Jan 19, 2012
- CBI questions Kalmadi on CWG irregularities (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Kalmadi to appear before CBI next week - Dec 29, 2010
- CWG scam: CBI raids premises of Kalmadi aides, registers 4th FIR - Jan 06, 2011
- Kalmadi evades CBI, may be quizzed Wednesday (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI quizzes Suresh Kalmadi - Jan 05, 2011
- Kalmadi quizzed again, aides face more charges (Roundup) - Mar 15, 2011
- CBI raids premises of CWG officials (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI summons Kalmadi for questioning - Dec 29, 2010
- CWG scam: Kalmadi arrives at CBI headquarters for questioning - Jan 05, 2011
- Kalmadi evades questioning by CBI (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Kalmadi ducks CBI, aides Bhanot and Bhore questioned - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: bhanot, cbi team, central bureau of investigation, commonwealth games, constituency, constructions, eye of the storm, interrogation, irregularities, knowledge services, march 11, medical reasons, New Delhi, organising committee, parliament street, pune, saraswat, suresh kalmadi, swiss firm, technical consultant