CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma to be produced in courtFebruary 24th, 2011 - 11:46 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 24 (ANI): Commonwealth Games (CWG) Organizing Committee (OC) Chairman Suresh Kalmadi’s key aides Lalit Bhanot and VK Verma, who were arrested by the CBI in connection with alleged irregularities related to the event, will be produced in court today.
The arrest of the two took place after both were questioned about the Rs 107 crore contract that was awarded to a Swiss time-keeping company.
Bhanot, the former Organizing Committee Secretary General was booked under Sections 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act, along with the Switzerland-based firm Swiss Timing Ltd and other unknown persons.
The CBI is also probing alleged irregularities in the hiring of Swiss firm Event Knowledge Services (EKS) as CWG’s technical consultant.The document is expected to help the CBI establish the alleged role of Kalmadi and Bhanot in connection with scams surrounding the 2010 sporting extravaganza.
The original tender document, which comprised several files, was missing for over three months, since the CBI began its investigation. It has now been recovered. (ANI)
- CBI arrests Bhanot, Verma in CWG scam - Feb 23, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to judicial custody till Mar. 29 - Mar 15, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to five-days CBI custody - Feb 24, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to Tihar Jail till Mar. 15 - Mar 01, 2011
- CWG scam: Congress distances itself from Kalmadi - Feb 23, 2011
- CWG scam: Defiant Kalmadi says ready to face any probe - Mar 05, 2011
- CWG scam: Only OC officials being targeted, says Kalmadi - Feb 24, 2011
- CWG scam: CBI questions Kalmadi for second time - Mar 15, 2011
- All involved in CWG scam must be quizzed: Kalmadi - Mar 15, 2011
- CWG case: Bhanot, Verma's judicial custody extended - May 05, 2011
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Court dismisses bail pleas of Bhanot, Verma (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected - Jul 05, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to CBI custody for five days - Feb 24, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to 14 days' judicial custody - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,