Customers to sue Victoria’’s Secret over bra allergiesNovember 13th, 2008 - 2:36 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 13 (ANI): US lingerie firm Victoria’’s Secret is being sued by dozens of women who claim their bras gave them painful rashes and permanent scarring.
Roberta Ritter, who describes herself as a long-time Victoria’’s Secret shopper, complaint that she felt utterly sick after wearing one of companys bra.
“I had the welts … very red, hot to the touch, extremely inflamed, blistery. It itched profusely. I couldn”t sleep, waking up itching. I was just utterly sick,” ABC Online quoted Ritter, as saying.
The 37-year-old filed a lawsuit against the company on May 14 in relation to the Angels Secret Embrace and Very Sexy Extreme Me Push-Up bras she said she purchased.
Her lawyers said that dozens of other women have contacted them with similar claims involving a number of the intimate brand’’s collections. Many seek to be a part of the potential class action lawsuit.
“I was floored. I thought, ”I have to come out with this. The can of worms has to be opened because it’’s not just me, it’’s other people as well,”” Ritter said.
A representative for Victoria’’s Secret admitted that the company had received direct complaints from customers, but added the bras remain on store shelves.
The company said it is investigating complaints and released a statement that said, “We are sorry that a small number of people have had an issue and we want to help them determine the cause.
“Customer safety and satisfaction are always our primary concerns and we take seriously any issues our customers may have with our products,” the statement added. (ANI)
- Victoria's Secret's store opens in UK - Jul 24, 2012
- Store Pulls Padded Bikini Bra Kidswear - Apr 16, 2010
- Time to unveil our own Victoria's Secret: Indian designers - Dec 08, 2011
- Carrying Victoria's Secret bags makes women feel sexy - Sep 24, 2010
- Model Kylie Bisutti quits Victoria's Secret over her religious beliefs - Feb 10, 2012
- Bundchen has elevated Esprit: Official - Sep 03, 2011
- Klum ends Victoria's Secret deal - Sep 30, 2010
- Elle Macpherson launches new collection of underwear 'Bare and Bold' - Dec 24, 2010
- Lingerie model Kerr believes in fun on runway - Mar 23, 2012
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Itching, like yawning, can be contagious - Mar 23, 2011
- New M&S 'boob job' bra set to hit UK shelves - Jul 15, 2010
- Brit woman uses bras to support her melons! - Sep 10, 2010
- Obama's comment on Michelle taken as oral sex joke - Jun 08, 2012
- Perry, Akon to perform at Victoria fashion show - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: allergies, angels, bras, can of worms, class action lawsuit, customer safety, dozens, lawyers, lingerie, long time, melbourne, rashes, ritter, roberta, satisfaction, secret embrace, secret shopper, store shelves, victoria s secret, welts