Cushioned stiletto set to make hurting heels historyNovember 11th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Nov 11 (ANI): Sick of the pain that your stilettos cause to your feet? Well, then try the three-inch polyurethane high heels, designed by a Massey University student.
Aimie Whitings high heels are an answer to the battle between fashion and comfort. They compress when worn, relieving pressure and strain on feet.
In the new design, cushions sit beneath the heel and ball of the foot, compressing and expanding like squash balls underfoot.
The same squishy plastic extends down inside the hard outer layer of the shoe’’s heel, so that the entire base flexes slightly with every step.
The 24-hour high heel is still in the prototype stage, but Whiting hopes to license it to footwear companies for commercial production.
“I like to wear high heels, and I like to go out - I thought, there has got to be some way to make them comfortable,” the NZPA quoted Aimie Whiting, as saying.
Fashionistas would not be constrained to buying one kind of shoe, as the squishy base could be used with almost any style. (ANI)
- 9 Inches Sky Heel Coming Soon! - Nov 13, 2010
- Stilettos, gladiators, wedges ...for the well heeled! (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Step out in style with these summer footwear - May 08, 2011
- Shoes With Heels Of 9-Inches, Titled 'Sky Heel', To Emerge In The Market Soon - Nov 16, 2010
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- High heels could be bad for your health - Jan 28, 2012
- Running barefoot better for health than with shoes - Apr 27, 2011
- Blue suede shoes? Clean and keep them right (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Pregnant women can wear sky-high heels: Experts - Feb 10, 2011
- Blue suede shoes? Here's how to preserve them - Mar 09, 2011
- Aimi Eguchi is the latest pop star in Japan - Jun 24, 2011
- Nicole Richie owns 200 sunglasses - Apr 17, 2011
- Black shoes sell less in India: Christian Louboutin - Mar 24, 2012
- Shoes designed by Cheryl Cole faulty? - Dec 25, 2011
- Sexiness first for Christian Louboutin - May 27, 2012