Curfew relaxed for three hours in MeerutJune 18th, 2009 - 9:23 pm ICT by ANI
Meerut, June 18 (ANI): Curfew imposed in Meerut on Tuesday night following a clash between two groups, was relaxed on Thursday at four places.
“Curfew was imposed at four police station areas looking at the situation. Today between 9pm- 12 pm the curfew will be relaxed. In Bhramapuri curfew would be imposed after 12pm while in the other three places curfew will be relaxed till 3pm,” said Mahaveer Singh, Additional District Magistrate of Meerut.
The clashes were sparked off after opposition by shopkeepers to a group blocking traffic on a busy intersection in the city.
The argument soon snowballed into a clash. Violence broke out and the mob went on rampage burning several vehicles. At least 24 policemen were injured. (ANI)
- Curfew continues in Gurdaspur, Badal orders probe - Mar 30, 2012
- 10 arrested for Meerut violence (Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- Curfew continues in old Hyderabad - Apr 09, 2012
- Curfew relaxed for 12 hours in Meghalaya - May 13, 2012
- Meerut tense after violence, curfew inposed (Second Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- 50 held for Uttar Pradesh communal clash - Aug 10, 2011
- Curfew imposed in Meerut after violence - Jun 17, 2009
- Curfew continues in riot-hit old Hyderabad - Apr 10, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Bareilly violence - Mar 15, 2010
- Curfew relaxed in Bareilly - Mar 16, 2010
- Curfew relaxed for 11 hours in Bareilly - Mar 17, 2010
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Curfew continues in riot-hit old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Gunfire in Meerut jail as cops, inmates clash, 11 hurt (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Meerut placed under curfew following violent clashes - Jun 17, 2009