Curfew re-imposed in parts of Srinagar, later relaxedOctober 19th, 2010 - 8:13 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct.19 (ANI): The Jammu and Kashmir administration re-imposed curfew in Srinagar on Tuesday, after the arrest of the General Secretary of the Hurriyat Conference (G) Masrat Alam Bhat.
Alam Bhat, who spearheaded the Quit Kashmir Movement, was arrested by the police on Monday.
Contingents of police and paramilitary troops were patrolling deserted streets.
Later, the restrictions were relaxed phase wise from the curfew bound areas of Srinagar.
The curfew restrictions were relaxed from 10 a.m. onwards in Kupwara, while in Handwara these restrictions were relaxed from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In East, West, South and Hazratbal Zones of Srinagar city, curfew was relaxed from 12 p.m. onwards and in North Zone from 5 p.m. onwards. (ANI)
- Curfew relaxed in various parts of Kashmir valley - Sep 23, 2010
- Curfew eased in parts of Kashmir Valley - Sep 25, 2010
- Curfew clamped in parts of Kashmir Valley - Oct 29, 2010
- Curfew lifted from different parts of Kashmir valley - Sep 26, 2010
- Situation in Kashmir Valley remains normal as curfew relaxed - Sep 21, 2010
- Curfew restrictions relaxed in Srinagar and Handwara districts of Jammu-Kashmir - Oct 27, 2010
- Kashmir Valley peaceful, curfew relaxed in phases - Sep 22, 2010
- Curfew relaxed in parts of Srinagar - Sep 22, 2010
- Curfew imposed in several parts of Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- Curfew relaxed in several Kashmir towns - Sep 26, 2010
- Srinagar under curfew after Masarat Alam's arrest - Oct 19, 2010
- Curfew lifted from many parts of Kashmir - Sep 28, 2010
- Curfew relaxed in parts of Srinagar - Sep 18, 2010
- 101 deaths in 101 days of unrest in Kashmir Valley - Sep 19, 2010
- Kashmiri woman separatist leader Andrabi arrested (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , ,