Curfew lifted in central SrinagarJuly 14th, 2010 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, July 14 (ANI): Curfew was lifted on Wednesday from Batmaloo area of Srinagar and Sopore town.
Prohibitory orders clamped were also lifted except in the areas of Nowhatta, Khanyar, Maharajgunj and Safakadal in old city.
The restrictions in the old city were imposed on Tuesday to prevent the surfacing of untoward incidents on the occasion of Martyrs Day.
Security forces are deployed in the entire Valley to maintain law and order as hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference led by jailed leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has called for a strike and asked people to stage peaceful demonstrations in their respective areas on Wednesday and Thursday.
At least 15 people have been killed in the clashes between protesters and security forces since June 11. (ANI)
- Curfew continues in tense Kashmir Valley - Aug 21, 2010
- Curfew imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Aug 30, 2010
- Curfew clamped in parts of Kashmir Valley - Oct 29, 2010
- Curfew re-imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Jul 20, 2010
- Restrictions in Srinagar to foil separatist march - Jul 13, 2011
- Authorities re-impose curfew in Srinagar - Aug 25, 2010
- Restrictions imposed in Srinagar following tension - Jun 26, 2012
- Restrictions imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Jul 28, 2010
- Curfew clamped in Srinagar, restrictions imposed in three towns - Aug 25, 2010
- Curbs continue in Srinagar's old city after shrine fire - Jun 29, 2012
- Curfew in parts of Srinagar following Mirwaiz assault - Nov 26, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Srinagar after Mirwaiz assault - Nov 26, 2010
- 15 injured as clashes erupt in Kashmir (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Curfew, restrictions imposed in Kashmir - Jul 21, 2010
- Bunker removal process starts in Srinagar - Oct 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,