Curfew imposed in parts of Kashmir ValleyAugust 30th, 2010 - 2:24 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Aug 30 (ANI): Curfew remained clamped in parts of the Kashmir Valley in view of a shutdown call given by the separatists.
The hardline faction of Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani has called for a complete strike and peaceful protests throughout the Valley on Monday.
According to the reports, the curfew remained in force in parts of Srinagar, Kupwara and Kralpora towns while restrictions have been imposed in Hyderpora and Budgam towns in central Kashmir.
In Srinagar, curfew was imposed in seven police station areas of Nowhatta, Khanyar, Rainawari, Safakadal, M R Gunj, Bemina and Qammerwari.
Shops, educational institutions, banks and private offices were closed and all modes of transport were off the roads. The Kashmir Valley has experienced a surge of violence that has led authorities to impose frequent curfew restrictions in several parts of the state.
Curfew was initially imposed on June 30 in parts of northern and southern Kashmir to stop demonstrations over a couple of protesters who died in police firing.
It was lifted some days later, but was again imposed as fresh violence erupted. (ANI)
- Curfew imposed in several parts of Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- Curfew clamped in parts of Kashmir Valley - Oct 29, 2010
- Curfew clamped in Srinagar, restrictions imposed in three towns - Aug 25, 2010
- Curfew continues in tense Kashmir Valley - Aug 21, 2010
- Restrictions imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Jul 28, 2010
- Authorities re-impose curfew in Srinagar - Aug 25, 2010
- Injured man dies in Kashmir, toll rises to 110 - Oct 15, 2010
- Restrictions in Srinagar to foil separatist march - Jul 13, 2011
- Curfew in parts of Srinagar following Mirwaiz assault - Nov 26, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Srinagar after Mirwaiz assault - Nov 26, 2010
- Bunker removal process starts in Srinagar - Oct 05, 2010
- Restrictions imposed in Srinagar following tension - Jun 26, 2012
- Curfew lifted in central Srinagar - Jul 14, 2010
- Srinagar old city restrictions enter third day - Jun 28, 2012
- Curfew re-imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: ali shah, authorities, banks, demonstrations, educational institutions, faction, gunj, kashmir, kashmir valley, modes of transport, peaceful protests, police station, private offices, protesters, separatists, southern kashmir, srinagar, station areas, syed ali shah geelani, violence