Curfew clamped in parts of Kashmir ValleyOctober 29th, 2010 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct 29 (ANI): Curfew was imposed in some areas of Srinagar and parts of Kupwara and Banidpora Districts as authorities apprehended protests after Friday prayers.
Curfew has been clamped in Rainawari, Nowhatta, Khanyar, Safakadal and Maharajgunj police station areas in old Srinagar city.
Similar restrictions were also imposed in Kupwara, Trehgam, Kralpora and Bandipora towns in north Kashmir. However, curfew was relaxed from 9.00 a.m. onwards in parts of Kupwara district.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani, which is spearheading the ongoing agitation in the Valley, had exempted Thursday and Friday from the purview of its strike calendar. However, shops and offices in Abi Guzar area in Lal Chowk remained closed in protest against the arrest of an alleged stone-pelter from the area on Thursday evening. Police had fired several warning shots as local residents tried to resist the arrest of Mohammad Altaf Shiekh alias Shera. Kashmir Valley has been in a grip of protests, strikes and curfew since June. (ANI)
- Curfew imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Aug 30, 2010
- Injured man dies in Kashmir, toll rises to 110 - Oct 15, 2010
- Authorities re-impose curfew in Srinagar - Aug 25, 2010
- Curfew continues in tense Kashmir Valley - Aug 21, 2010
- Curfew clamped in Srinagar, restrictions imposed in three towns - Aug 25, 2010
- Curfew imposed in several parts of Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- Restrictions imposed in Srinagar following tension - Jun 26, 2012
- Curfew lifted in central Srinagar - Jul 14, 2010
- Curbs continue in Srinagar's old city after shrine fire - Jun 29, 2012
- Curfew re-imposed in parts of Kashmir Valley - Jul 20, 2010
- Bunker removal process starts in Srinagar - Oct 05, 2010
- Kashmir Valley still under curfew - Sep 23, 2010
- Curfew imposed in Kupwara, lifted in Sopore - Jul 03, 2010
- Curfew continues in Kashmir Valley - Sep 15, 2010
- Separatist shutdown hits Kashmir to protest Sonia visit - May 29, 2010
Tags: agitation, ali shah, alias, altaf, chowk, kashmir, kashmir valley, lal, mohammad, pelter, police station, prayers, protests, purview, shiekh, srinagar city, station areas, strikes, syed ali shah geelani, warning shots