Crystal massage, a new natural beauty aid gains popularity in ChennaiOctober 3rd, 2008 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Oct.3 (ANI): A novel facial procedure known as crystal massage, believed to nullify negative energies in the body, has gained popularity in Chennai with several women and even men preferring it.
One can find various beauty conscious girls and boys making a beeline to Anushka Saloon & Spa, the pioneer of this crystal-based body and beauty care concept.
According to Shibani of Anushka, the origin of this lotus crystal massage can be traced to the Far East, the Bali region in particular.She says the rock crystals are used as a medium to draw out negative energies from the body and rejuvenate the psycho-physical system of an individual.
Shibani, who is a qualified beauty expert, explained that the beauty pack consists of pure natural ingredients like rice, Vetiver (aromatic spongy grass roots known as Khaskhas in Hindi and Ushira in Sanskrit) and turmeric.
It is left on the body part for 20 minutes after which the most important elements grace the skin. These gleaming transparent conically shaped crystals, which get energised either by the early morning sunrays or in the moonlit night, are dealt with much care.
She said that massaging them on body parts like chest, face, neck and hips in a particular pattern detoxifies the lymphatic nodes in one’’s system.
“In the entire concept, you have the Chakras as in Ayurveda which balance the entire body. It is a total body treatment. You can use it not only for the face but also for the entire body where the crystals are used to bring about a balance and also to eliminate unwanted toxins. We use these crystals as the medium of massage for any kind of mental imbalance, say for people who are very agitated and want to be calm or for people who want to be energised,” said Shibani of , beauty expert Anushka Saloon & Spa.
The properties in crystals streamline the energies in the body as well as tone and relax the muscles.
On this score, Shibani referred the crystals to be holistic in nature. A crystal facial may take about 45 minutes in which light aroma oils and Aloe Vera gels are used alongside cold and hot water to create vibrations.
Massaging is clockwise as well as anti-clockwise. Those who have availed this crystal massage admit that it has been a wonderful experience.
“I have undergone aroma therapy, spa and chocolate massage but this crystal massage done on face, shoulders and hand is very soothing and makes me feel happy,” said Priya, a client.
The lotus crystal massage costs around rupees 3,000. (ANI)
- Go for fusion massage at VLCC Skin and Hair Spa (IANS Spa Review) - Feb 13, 2011
- 'Demon' device that converts information to energy! - Nov 15, 2010
- Spas grow as city slickers look for rejuvenation - Aug 14, 2010
- True Spa - a spacious spa in Mumbai (IANS Spa Review) (With Images) - Aug 23, 2010
- Spa culture catching on big way in India - Aug 09, 2010
- Unwind with aromatherapy massage at Ishwar Spa (With Images) (Spa Review) - Jul 16, 2010
- Book a date with dad on Father's Day - Jun 17, 2010
- Is it clockwise or anticlockwise? Study debunks Silhouette Illusion myth - Dec 22, 2010
- Before V-Day, it's salon visit for women - Feb 13, 2012
- Summer ahead, pamper skin with Vitamin E massage (IANS Spa Review) - Apr 10, 2010
- Prosperous Punjabis patronise high-end Spas - Jun 26, 2009
- Ayurvedic spa packages ready for Games tourists (With Images) - Sep 15, 2010
- Athletes opt for trendy haircuts, nail art for CWG opener - Oct 01, 2010
- In winter, try the Balinese massage (Spa Review) - Jan 17, 2010
- Combination of vanilla, chocolate for relaxed body, mind - Dec 27, 2009
Tags: amp spa, ayurveda, beauty aid, beauty care, beauty expert, beeline, chakras, chennai, crystal massage, early morning sunrays, girls and boys, grass roots, lymphatic nodes, mental imbalance, moonlit night, natural ingredients, negative energies, rock crystals, s system, sanskrit