Crude bomb found inside Kingfisher flightMarch 21st, 2010 - 1:04 pm ICT by ANI
Thiruvananthapuram, Mar 21 (ANI): A low-intensity country-made bomb was found inside a Kingfisher flight IT-4731 from Bangalore to Thiruvananthapuram on Sunday morning.
The plane was later taken to the remote bay area of the Thiruvananthapuram airport, where the security personnel and the airport authorities assessed the suspicious object found on-board.
All the passengers were deplaned after the cargo cleaner alerted the CISF officials of a suspicious object.
The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) was soon rushed to the airport to check the nature of the crude bomb.
Sources said the explosive was defused and later taken off the aircraft.
Kingfisher has meanwhile issued a statement confirming that all passengers on-board the flight are safe. (ANI)
- Kerala Government orders probe into bomb found inside Kingfisher flight - Mar 22, 2010
- All airports on high alert following Kingfisher flight bomb scare - Mar 23, 2010
- Explosive on Kingfisher plane causes scare, flyers safe - Mar 21, 2010
- 'Explosives loaded on Kingfisher plane at Thiruvananthapuram' (Lead) - Mar 22, 2010
- Ex-CISF hand held for Kingfisher bomb planting - Mar 28, 2010
- Bomb hoax on Kingfisher flight - Aug 30, 2011
- Kingfisher crude bomb case solved, accused in custody: Police - Mar 28, 2010
- Three quizzed over crude bomb in flight (Lead) - Mar 26, 2010
- Passenger de-planed for opening craft's emergency door - Sep 14, 2011
- Hoax call grounds Kingfisher flight in Mumbai - May 20, 2010
- Three former Kingfisher employees held over crude bomb - Mar 26, 2010
- Kingfisher's Mumbai-Lucknow flight grounded after bomb scare - May 20, 2010
- IndiGo flight grounded in Delhi after bomb threat - Aug 12, 2009
- Russian woman raises suspicion, flight makes emergency landing - May 05, 2010
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012