CRPF recovers huge cache of arms in OrissaFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 22 (ANI): A Central Reserve Police Force battalion on Friday recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from a dump in Ganjam area of Orissa that were suspected to be hidden by the Maoists.
The Vijay 127 battalion of the paramilitary force has recovered 157 weapons which appear to be the ones looted from police stations in Orissa, Inspector General (Operations) A P Maheshwari said.
Maheshwari also said that the cache was having a covering of IEDs.
He said that this battalion was airlifted from Jammu and Kashmir and West Bengal to carry out operations against the Maoists.
On Thursday, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had said the success of police in last few months seems to have triggered the recent attack by the Maoists in Nayagarh district.
The Union Home Ministry has sent 400 CRPF personnel to Orissa for a long haul against Maoists involved in the Nayagarh attack.
The ‘Greyhound’ anti-naxal squad from Andhra Pradesh are assisting the personnel to hunt the attackers who shot dead 14 policemen and a civilian and looted armouries in Nayagarh on February 15 night. (ANI)
- Maoists kill four Maharashtra cops - Oct 05, 2010
- Maoists kill three troopers in Maharashtra - Aug 20, 2011
- Orissa Police get to question top Maoist leader - Jun 02, 2011
- Three Maoists killed in Orissa gun battle - Nov 04, 2010
- Four cops, three Maoists killed in Maharashtra gun battles (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- 13 new armed police units for Maoist areas - Aug 01, 2011
- Maoist hideout busted in Bengal, arms seized - Feb 03, 2011
- Greyhounds hunt for top Maoists in Visakhapatnam forests - Dec 18, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Orissa - Feb 09, 2010
- Police destroy Maoist camp, one rebel held - Jan 29, 2011
- Maoist cadre's wife arrested in Orissa - Nov 15, 2010
- Four cops, dozen Maoists killed in Maharashtra gun battles (Second Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Orissa to get more central forces to fight Maoists - Feb 10, 2010
- Anti Naxal operation gets teeth with deployment of more forces - Jan 02, 2010
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: ammunitions, andhra pradesh, armouries, attackers, battalion, chief minister, greyhound, jammu and kashmir, long haul, maheshwari, maoists, naveen patnaik, orissa, paramilitary force, police force, police stations, policemen, reserve police, union home ministry, west bengal